For sale section - sold items

I do understand. I do add a SOLD to the title if I spot one but the OP can also amend there own post to do the same. Not sure if there is any point in having a SOLD section as it wouldn't get read anyway or be of little use.

I do understand. I do add a SOLD to the title if I spot one but the OP can also amend there own post to do the same. Not sure if there is any point in having a SOLD section as it wouldn't get read anyway or be of little use.

I think Tarmac was thinking more about clearing out the actice posts still for Sale when browsing through rather than keeping the sold items in once place to browse through them?

I think Tarmac was thinking more about clearing out the actice posts still for Sale when browsing through rather than keeping the sold items in once place to browse through them?

yes understood that, removing now no longer active posts to a new subforum called SOLD

i think its colin that goes through and locks them from time to time. thats just as good really :)

I agree locking is just as suitable. It's sometimes handy to see sold items to gauge prices of what's sold in the past, or if it's worth selling something at all?

i think its colin that goes through and locks them from time to time. thats just as good really :)

I agree locking is just as suitable. It's sometimes handy to see sold items to gauge prices of what's sold in the past, or if it's worth selling something at all?

You can also see how quickly some things sell so you can hold out for what you want... :dry:

For Sale:

= Items that have not sold - or part listing of items sold and unsold.

Sold Items

= Items that have sold in full - i.e. a job lot of goods on one thread.

Simples....

• 4 weeks later...

I think the problem lies in actually making the post saying that the thread is locked, which brings said thread to the top of the forum. If the topic was just locked which doesn't bring it to the top of the forum then you'd always have the newer items for sale at the top.

Also the moderated replies, i see the need for the moderated new threads but to moderate all replies seems a bit pointless to me.