Appreciate or depreciate

chrisjones6699

I'm doing a fair few miles with my Zed and as much as i enjoy every second driving it, its almost like i got someone screaming in the back of my mind "MORE MILES, LESS MONEY!!". Originally, I wanted to keep it for a couple of years and then upgrade....but to be honest, I cant imagine ever getting rid of my Zed!

Just after some other peoples views so that i can put to rest that voice and stop worrying about putting lots of miles on my Zed! :blush:

I think anyone who owns a zed and uses it for work is in a position to buy a run around for commuting but the fact of the matter is that i wouldnt be happy driving 150 miles in a crappy little run around. I love driving my Zed, I love it when i drive past another and get a flash or a thumbs up, love how it makes me feel, love talking about it, love cleaning it and if was sat outside my house back home, I would feel miserable!

I think anyone who owns a zed and uses it for work is in a position to buy a run around for commuting but the fact of the matter is that i wouldnt be happy driving 150 miles in a crappy little run around. I love driving my Zed, I love it when i drive past another and get a flash or a thumbs up, love how it makes me feel, love talking about it, love cleaning it and if was sat outside my house back home, I would feel miserable!

exactly how i feel, why soak up all the miles in something cack when you could be enjoying them in your zed? if you can only enjoy it 100 miles a month i dont see how you can justify owning it?

exactly how i feel, why soak up all the miles in something cack when you could be enjoying them in your zed? if you can only enjoy it 100 miles a month i dont see how you can justify owning it?

And there it is! voice has gone! :lol:

I'm one of the people that couldn't afford a Zed if I would have to commute every day and probably couldn't afford a run around either :blush: use mine on my days off and to go to work meetings and even if is painfull to see her sitting it makes it feels more special when I take her out.

Back to the original post: Always Appreciate :thumbs:

Great to see im not alone.

My work colleagues can't understand why I commute on the A20 & M25 everyday in my Zed, they ask why I don't but a run around or even use my Diesel Leon but it's a crap commute, why make it worse by driving a worse car?

I know most people when buying a car look at how many or few miles it has done but personally when I was looking for a Zed I saw 2003 or 2004 cars that had done 20-25k and it put me off, they must have been sitting around for months on end doing nothing, and when they were driven they could have been thrashed about. I saved a few £1,000 and got a 54 plate that had done 70k and ive already put 10k on in 7 months and loved every single minute and mile of it (except when my clutch needed changing!)

Every other week when I have the option of using the Leon I think that I will be sensible and drive it as it uses half as much diesel as the Zed uses petrol, and I am still thinking I will be sensible when I go through the Dartford tunnel with my window down at 4k in 3rd in the Zed :yahoo:

It really depends if you do want to "keep" the car long term or not?! So if you do plan to keep long term, maybe a run a bout is a good option. As much as it isn't as much fun driving a run about, you will certainly appreciate the Zed just as much, if not more each time you jump for a drive.

IMO a runaround car makes a little piece of you die inside... :dry:

I bought an MG ZR a few years back as a little run around stop gap after I sold my WRX STI.... It killed me and made me miserable so I got rid after 6 weeks... it wasnt a 2nd car it was just a stop gap but you get the message....

Its a fine line balancing outgoing costs and enjoyment... Keep Zed have less money but have driving pleasure.... sell Zed and have more money to pi$$ up the wall and be miserable wherever you drive..

I think you have made your mind up already :drive1 Enjoy :thumbs:

My zeds sits in a warmed garage until the weekends. Why destroy it hammering over potholes. I have a company van for that and the car I bought my missus. The zed is just 4 yrs old and done 23k the missus car is 2.5 yrs old and done 12k. My van is 3.5 yrs old and done 70k. Could not justify shagging my zed everyday driving to work but when I do get the opportunity to use it I love it. My zed still looks as good as it did the day it come out the showroom(except for wheels (diamond cut))

I know of a guy who lives in a massive house but in winter only heats/uses one room.

Bought a new 911 but never uses it coz it's too heavy on petrol.

He's now thinking of selling his house for 1.5 mil to gwt a bigger place :wacko:

Probably gonna sell his 5yr old 911 for a BIGGER engined car to NOT use at his new house that he will NOT use either :lol:

What's the point :headhurt: I say if you can afford your toys comfortably enjoy them :thumbs:

I know of a guy who lives in a massive house but in winter only heats/uses one room.

Bought a new 911 but never uses it coz it's too heavy on petrol.

He's now thinking of selling his house for 1.5 mil to gwt a bigger place :wacko:

Probably gonna sell his 5yr old 911 for a BIGGER engined car to NOT use at his new house that he will NOT use either :lol:

What's the point :headhurt: I say if you can afford your toys comfortably enjoy them :thumbs:

+1

well said

Yeah a runabout is pain. I have been driving a 1.8 focus about for the last year and although its a great handling little car and comfortable its SOOOO gutless, I mean pathetic. Trouble is where I had to keep my RX7 at my parents house and the 10mpg I just didn't use that either so I figured, get rid of both and have a zed for my shortish daily commute.