Loud Exhaust split thread

wizard

Captain,

I have a 5Zigen A-Spec and Berk De-cats and I can tell you, my neighbours are furious! :lol:

Yes, it certainly won't be quiet, but no idea what db level.

F**k the neighbours!

It's the marshalls at Castle Combe who count. Any ideas on your db?

Captain,

I have a 5Zigen A-Spec and Berk De-cats and I can tell you, my neighbours are furious! :lol:

F**k the neighbours!

I'd say below 100. AdrianK had the Buddy club with decats & passed the noise levels at Combe, IanS16 passed with a K1 aswell :)

No idea buddy, but I do actually feel uncomfortable driving the car sometimes because disturbing the peace! LOL. I've actually had a person jump and give me the nastiest look when I went past them!

It's REALLY loud... but quiet on idle... the noise is bareable if you're feathering or letting go of the throttle...

Should still be within trackday limits.

Captain,

F**k the neighbours!

I'd say below 100. AdrianK had the Buddy club with decats & passed the noise levels at Combe, IanS16 passed with a K1 aswell :)

Ok well if Adrian's former car passed any noise test, then we ALL have hope! :lol:

His car was WAAAAYYYYY TOOO LOUD! :headhurt:

Captain,

F**k the neighbours!

Ok well if Adrian's former car passed any noise test, then we ALL have hope! :lol:

Mine is a lot louder than what Adrians was :surrender:

Captain,

F**k the neighbours!

Mine is a lot louder than what Adrians was :surrender:

Your neighbours must love you! :blink:

My ears were humming after I came out of Adrian's car...

Not looking forward to what my car is going to sound like after the s/c setup.

Any idea what your db level is? Need to get that iphone app and measure mine...

They hate me :D They've actually called the police quite a few times about it :lol:

Mine was 122db @ 4.5K when it was n/a & its even louder now :D

Jesus Christ... How loud!?! :scare:

I got a letter from my neighbours about mine... That's about it so far... :p

What's your exhaust setup again? tomei de-cats right?

They hate me :D They've actually called the police quite a few times about it :lol:

I don't understand why your so proud that your car is so loud.....my car was loud and now is near silent...never again will i have a loud car....just no point of it

I don't understand why your so proud that your car is so loud.....my car was loud and now is near silent...never again will i have a loud car....just no point of it

I've always had loud cars :) I can't stand driving a quiet car :lol:

Jesus Christ... How loud!?! :scare:

I got a letter from my neighbours about mine... That's about it so far... :p

What's your exhaust setup again? tomei de-cats right?

DC headers, tomei decats, ichiba y-pipe & Greddy exhaust (soon to be Tomei exhaust if they go ahead and release it :dry: )

DC headers, tomei decats, ichiba y-pipe & Greddy exhaust (soon to be Tomei exhaust if they go ahead and release it :dry: )

Tomei make some nice gear, but wayy to overpriced imo...

You have a single exit exhaust right? No wonder why it's so loud...!

I've ordered the inchiba y-pipe for my setup, but I really like having a twin exhaust setup.

Yup, single exit :)

I don't think the Tomei stuff is that expensive :wacko: Tomei decats £180, Japspeed decats £120 - I know which ones id prefer ;)

*I think we might have gone waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic here :blush:

Y pipe we use Motordyne XYZ normally fitted with a Race cat , we find moving the cat away from the headers helps make the car produce torque/bhp and helps smooth the power out. You can always remove the race cats and fit a decat pipe/silencer to give a few more BHP. But running the race cat keeps the car 100% road legal.

Q on that, do you take out the cats and move it to the end of the Y pipe, to move it from the headers I mean? :disguise: I'm looking for something to replace my exhaust from the Y pipe back do you have anything that's good for that?

Y pipe we use Motordyne XYZ normally fitted with a Race cat , we find moving the cat away from the headers helps make the car produce torque/bhp and helps smooth the power out. You can always remove the race cats and fit a decat pipe/silencer to give a few more BHP. But running the race cat keeps the car 100% road legal.

Q on that, do you take out the cats and move it to the end of the Y pipe, to move it from the headers I mean? :disguise: I'm looking for something to replace my exhaust from the Y pipe back do you have anything that's good for that?

I think you run test pipes to the ZYX Ypipe and then on the XZY you have a choice of 3 sections to add in...

All the options and pics on here

http://www.my350z.com/forum/intake-exha ... clips.html

theres a difference between loud and sounding good ;)

i've heard lots of loud exhausts but not many of them have i said ummmmm that sounds nice.

its very easy to turn a nice car into a chav chariot with the wrong exhaust.

Captain,

That 5zigen wasnt that loud Wiz, with manifolds, decats, 5zigen y-pipe on mine it only got to about 120 at 4k!!! Miss it in the tunnels!

theres a difference between loud and sounding good... its very easy to turn a nice car into a chav chariot with the wrong exhaust.

+1

Why ruin a nice V6 with a booming resonance exactly like a kitted 1.1 Saxo :wacko: