AEM Short Ram Induction

tez162003

Been doing some reading up on a induction kit for my 2004 350z,

I wanted to steer away from the Popcharger, to be a tad different, and all the dyno results with them on seem to be lower than other brands. Well im sure none give any gain tbh. i just want to not lose if possible. Im a realist, i know a induction kit suffers heat soak etc and in no way going to give you extra horsepower.

Anyway, i tried searching AEM Short Ram but not having much luck, as typing short brings up tons of random threads lol. I do remember reading somewhere that they dont fit UK models? Is that the Short ram, like this one? Or is there a long RAM that is the one that doesnt fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-SHORT-RAM-IND ... 03fd7d1ec9

Sorry to ask as i know this sorta stuff has been asked a thousand and one times on here, but like i said, search button is a pain at times. And struggling to find the info i need.

Thanks

Terry

I have the long ram.....

17.jpg

I just assume the short ram is exacactly the same, but the filter goes on where the downpipe is??

Unfortunately it was fitted before I got the car, so i dunno where it was bought from....

as far as i'm aware the short ram is the long ram, you just don't use all the bits. and then you end up straight back where you started with the jwt's the filter is sat in the engine bay sucking in hot air.

if you want short ram with decent air feed and heat shield; then the k&n typhoon is one option or the ARC intake is another. most other setups are non shielded.

or you need to go true CAI and sit the filter in the arch like the AEM or the injen or FUJITA etc.

I have the long ram.....

17.jpg

I just assume the short ram is exacactly the same, but the filter goes on where the downpipe is??

Unfortunately it was fitted before I got the car, so i dunno where it was bought from....

do you still have the washer bottle on your car, from where the air filter now is?

I have the long ram.....

17.jpg

do you still have the washer bottle on your car, from where the air filter now is?

The filter does replace the down pipe, but if you have an import you can fit the long tube no proplem. If you have a UK car you have 2 washer bottles, just remove the right hand one, block the pipes off (best to remove the pipes and block off on the left hand one) and your all done and dusted!

so is there a washer bottle on each side for the headlight washers? reason i ask is i have this kit and its sat outside half fitted as i wanted to do some extra research before losing the washer function :(

if i remove the right one, will the washers still work?

so is there a washer bottle on each side for the headlight washers? reason i ask is i have this kit and its sat outside half fitted as i wanted to do some extra research before losing the washer function :(

the headlight washers will not work if you remove the reservoir on the lhs of the car

Yes all the washers inc the headlight ones will work if you remove the one from the right hand side.

Just block the hoses up so you dont loose all the fluid as your washers def wont work then :lol:

Hmmm Just havign a discussion about this off forum with Ian and he seems to think that you may not be able to use the headlight washers if you remove the right hand side one... I thought mine worked but then it was a few years ago that I removed and then i changed to a bumper with no headlight washers!!

But the front and rear windscreen do work if you remove the RHS! (Better if the headlight ones dont work anyway.. they just spoil your freshly waxed paint when you clean your windows!)

Hmmm Just havign a discussion about this off forum with Ian and he seems to think that you may not be able to use the headlight washers if you remove the right hand side one... I thought mine worked but then it was a few years ago that I removed and then i changed to a bumper with no headlight washers!!

But the front and rear windscreen do work if you remove the RHS! (Better if the headlight ones dont work anyway.. they just spoil your freshly waxed paint when you clean your windows!)

By the RHS one I assume you mean the one on the RHS as you look into the engine from the front of the car ...... i.e. the one on the LHS or passenger side of the car ......... also it's worth pointing out that the headlight washers are activated by the windscreen washer control only when the headlights are on

By the RHS one I assume you mean the one on the RHS as you look into the engine from the front of the car ...... i.e. the one on the LHS or passenger side of the car ......... also it's worth pointing out that the headlight washers are activated by the windscreen washer control only when the headlights are on

Yup, RHS as your looking at the car :)

Really? I thought the headlight washers worked all the time... Whilst we are on this topic, has anyone ever used the headlight washer switch near the petrol cap release... Or is it pretty lonely and redundant?

Really? I thought the headlight washers worked all the time... Whilst we are on this topic, has anyone ever used the headlight washer switch near the petrol cap release... Or is it pretty lonely and redundant?

It's a good trick to get someone to look closely at the front wing and then activate the headlight washers and watch them drown .......gets a laugh every time ... and yes the headlights have to be on to get the headlight washers to activate

i used that button once the other week. by mistake, covered the clean car in water :(

as much as i never would use the washer jets i dont want to start chopping functions off of the car. i wanted to just add a couple of mods to this car and be done, i have done the mentally modded show car thing already.

oh well no washer jets for me for now lol.