insurance replacment whilst my Zed is in hospital

morgan25

well within the first 4 days of Zed ownership some one drove into the back of me in my own street. There was very little damage, well hardly a mark but when i looked under the car i could see that the bumper poly mold was loose so i decided to go through the insurance. Well today the car left for the body shop and a replacement was delivered which was one of these.

Mini_Cooper_S_Cab_Front.jpg?OpenElement

To say i was not happy was a under statement as i don't own a Man bag and Top gun is not my favorite Film i was straight on the Phone to have it replaced. They had promised an equivalent type of vehicle which this clear was not. to cut a long story short i now have one of these on my drive.

mercedes-cls-grand-edition_1.jpg

This is i car i had on my list for replacement for the Zed in the next couple of years so i was very happy to get it. But god how disappointing it is, very ordinary to drive and way to much switch gear from the Mercedes van collection for it to be up market.

when i bought my Zed one of the cars i chopped in was a 99 Lexus GS which in my eyes is a better built more refined and was way better drive then the Merc.

All in all i want my Zed back i miss it already and its only been 10 hours.

Good job you got a replacement car. No? :shrug:

How long is your zed on holiday for and does it really matter what your given as a replacement cos nothing will

be the same as the zed, and what ever you get still enables you get on with your life! :p

I dont know how long its going to be away. As regards the car i was promised a direct replacment type to quote insurance " somthing along the lines of a Porche Boxster, BMW Z4, Mercedes SLK, or A Audi TT 3.2 Quattro". Why should be lumbered with a lesser car because some idiot does not know how to drive properly.

I know how you feel mate but at least you had a car to use. As much as I don't like the Bini it would have run runs around most others I am sure! You could have got a false beard and put your shades on an pretended you were an estate agent at least with the Merc you will look boring like all other Merc drivers ha ha ha ... Just kidding folks :lol:

I've been without my Z for 4 weeks now....the mini isn't that bad, and i would love to get a chance to potter around in a £30K + merc...infact i think the best courtesy car i ever got was an automatic Honda Jazz, i entertained my self by seeing how far it could go with the Fuel Reserve light on...ended up stuck on a hill and had to walk 2 miles to the nearest garage :lol:

Still its a great way to remind your self how good a car the Z is :D...hope you get the Z back soon :thumbs:

A couple of years back a numptie bumped into my Boxster when it was parked and I was given a Mercedes S320CDI worth £57,000; I absolutely loved it but was delighted to get my Boxster back at the end of the week.

Now that I'm a few years older I wouldn't mind it for another week!

you do realize that by upping the courtesy car your upping the insurance bill. you want have to pay the difference but when you come to renew and have to declare the amount paid it will make a difference to your renewal ;)

Third party damage mate goes on his bill anyway I am old (41) so even if it does it will not cost a lot.

The repairs to my car are getting a little silly know they have painted the bumper twice and not matched there is talk of blending which i am not happy about at all.

If its blended into the quarters it will mean there is a colour difference which with a red car will stick out like a sore thumb under orange street lights.

I can see this dragging out for quite a bit of time.