URGENT !!

stesrg

Hi, Took my My rears off to fit spacers and noticed nail in tyre :scare: tyre fitter says nail in the side scrap mate !! :angry: I am running contisport contact and cant get one asap and been quoted silly prises...

possibly get 2 rears but need to know what is the best for grip and quietness

Anyone TIA

Ste .

Don't mix tyres front and rear, if you can't get those change all four. Also check the wear on the other tyre if you can just replace one, if it's more than 50% then change them as a pair too.

How close to the side wall is it? I got a nail in one of rears literally 2 weeks after having all 4 tyres replaced! It was approximately an inch and a half from the side wall.

I took it back to the fitter who put the tyres on for me and he refused to repair it and tried to get me to order a new one. I was going to do so but my old man talked me out of it and advised me to try elsewhere. I ended up getting it fixed for £15 rather than paying well over £100 for a new tyre. I was pretty wary about driving it at first but it's been a few months and a couple of thousand miles since and no problems. I'd get a second opinion if I were you.

Yeah Rob you're right, mine probably was right on the limit. I just looked at that guide and I'm a bit worried now! Haha I'll be driving home at 20mph tonight and printing that guage off!

Stesrg, ignore my advice, better safe than sorry! :thumbs:

It was at the side at the end of the tread in the depth of the tread itself , I have had it repaired for now as their is a good 4mm of tread left , but will be looking to buy some new rear's pritty soon :D

Thanks for advice ..

Ste .