Quick foam lance question

neil354

Bit of a stupid question really butt....

I spent a small fortune on cleaning products last week in anticipation for my first detailing project on my new zed on Sunday. One of the things I bought was a 5 litre bottle of snow foam, which I intended to use in my existing bottle attachment thing that came with my pressure washer.

Now, when I applied the snow foam it just looked like soapy water and ran straight off the car. I mixed it to 1:20 and put it in the bottle. At the time I thought the attachment must have been broken or something, but today I had a thought that the water feed into the pressure washer was diluting it further.

My question is, should I have put neat snow foam into the bottle? If not then how do you know what to dilute it down to?

Depends on the bottle attachment I think. Instructions for my autobrite snow attachment was about 1 inch of undiluted snowfoam, and then top up the bottle with warm water. Then attach to karcher lance. My snowfoam attachment came with a little turning knob which allows me to change how thick the snow comes out. If I set it to lowest setting then it comes out exactly as you describe, thin and runny. Highest setting comes out like pure snow from lap land it's self.

You just have a detergent bottle there. You need a snow foam lance to get it to foam up, I know because I did the exact same thing and wasted about 2 liters of snow foam the first time I did it, have a look at the group buy that envy are doing at the moment :thumbs:

Thanks for the quick responses!

Looks like I might have to spend another £50-£60 on a decent lance then!

Yeah its because you are using a detergent bottle and not a decent lance mate.

I have a GB in the Envy Valeting trader section. You can get a decent lance and another 10L of SSF for £63 delivered :blush:

• 1 month later...

Is this actually a Bosch attachment? I bought it off someone on another forum and it does not seem to fit my Bosch pressure washer, all the water spurts out at the connection. The brass one is the new lance and the black plastic is one of my existing attachements which work fine. There is a small difference in the two but both are supposed to be Bosch. (or at least according to the bloke I bought it off)

general014.jpg