Valeting and Detailing

tez162003

I see alot of people say i detailed my car today etc. :)

But when i see they washed it, put some Autoglym SRP on it and call it a detail i get a bit annoyed. :(

What do you lot class as a detail? Most things i see in this section are what i would call a good valet.

Dont get me wrong, there have been some really good results from it from what i have seen on here in the short time i have been about. People can call it what they want, i just wondered where you guys thing valeting ends and detailing begins?

:snack:

i think detailing is exactly what is in its name, going into the details such as removing swirls and paint imperfections to make it perfect, working on the grill and other small minute parts.

Not just cleaning the wheels but taking the wheels off, cleaning them fully plus the wheel arch.

Pretty much Detailing is, its all in the minute details being given as much attention as the rest of the car.

When i clean the car or the bike, i give it a "wash" or a "clean" would think i could do a good enough job to call it detailing.

Detailing is the American word for a Valet in my opinion.

Years ago a Valet would have came in many different level's which could have involved paint correction. However the new buzz word the past while has been the adoption of the American term 'detailing'.

I've never heard any of my uncles or grandparent's use this word in reference to their car's. But valet has been around for years.

They both mean the same in my opinion, but have different level's of effort within. a 30 quid valet, an 80 quid valet or 150 quid valet does not all mean a quick wash and wax. You get the point!

when i had my zed it only got the full works i.e a clay and polish twice a year. the rest of the time was wash surface prep and wax.

i do more than any polish car wash would do and i use far superior products. in my mind it fits the current "buzz" word of "detailing"

as said above detailing is washing and cleaning a car while taking car of the small "details"

at the end of the day regardless of how well or how much effort you put into it or what you choose to call it; it is just washing the car; nothing more; nothing less.

at the end of the day regardless of how well or how much effort you put into it or what you choose to call it; it is just washing the car; nothing more; nothing less.

Exactly,

I actually find it rather sad if people use the word 'detailing'. Makes you sound like a right saddo in real life