iPhone 4 photo and video quality.

chrisjones6699

thats not a bad little camera, amazing something that small can produce so much. Technology is getting crazy.

Its like who ever thought you could produce this:

http://www.vimeo.com/8595246

from a £1000 photography camera body which just happens to shoot as a sideline feature 1080p full HD 25p 30p and with time-lapse capability

canon7d1.jpg

and now the iphone producing 720p hd on the worlds thinnest mobile phone, this is just insane. 2 years ago you would of been laughed at in the film world for making such a claim. Both of these products would be near impossible and not due for another 6 years or more at least. Yet here we are able to make a film on a lot less budget. B)

People have already started to make short films and music videos shot and edited on the iphone 4 already. INSANE :scare:B)

ps did I mention its... INSANE :surrender::lol:

Hmm, doubt i'll be upgrading to iphone 4 for the camera features then. Their still miles behind the n95 Zeiss lensed camera (2 years old). The clarity from that was amazing, but it seems apple will stick a few 720p numbers here and there and call it an upgrade! hardly!

I'll stick with 3gs until they make some real changes :blush:

Hmm, doubt i'll be upgrading to iphone 4 for the camera features then. Their still miles behind the n95 Zeiss lensed camera (2 years old). The clarity from that was amazing, but it seems apple will stick a few 720p numbers here and there and call it an upgrade! hardly!

to be fair and no offence to the op ive seen some pretty impressive capture with the iphone in the right hands :blush:

to be fair and no offence to the op ive seen some pretty impressive capture with the iphone in the right hands :blush:

Yeah I think that's the problem though. Nokia are aware that 99% of their customer base are not photographers, or even slightly knowledgeable on the basics of taking a good picture. If you need to be good at taking a picture to actually get a good picture, then it's a fail on Apples part at making a camera for the masses. Nokia went a step further with their N95 5 mega-pixel, and complimented it with a Zeiss lens at extra expense. Which mean's it's rather difficult not to get a good picture in the majority of circumstances, without being knowledgeable about photography.

just got my new desire yesterday, will take a similar piccy to make a comparison direct comparison :)

need to get them both together and have a phone-off, old school style! :boxing::blackeye:

I'm thinking Harry Hill style....FIGHT! :lol:

thats not a bad little camera, amazing something that small can produce so much. Technology is getting crazy.

from a £1000 photography camera body which just happens to shoot as a sideline feature 1080p full HD 25p 30p and with time-lapse capability

canon7d1.jpg

and now the iphone producing 720p hd on the worlds thinnest mobile phone, this is just insane. 2 years ago you would of been laughed at in the film world for making such a claim. Both of these products would be near impossible and not due for another 6 years or more at least. Yet here we are able to make a film on a lot less budget. B)

People have already started to make short films and music videos shot and edited on the iphone 4 already. INSANE :scare:B)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 7D! My next camera! :D

In all fairness to my photos, it was 05:30 and raining. not the best conditions for photography. Not sure why the vid is such low res? Im not that familiar to YouTube??

Here's another photo with the 4. A little better dont you think?

canon7d1.jpg

In all fairness to my photos, it was 05:30 and raining. not the best conditions for photography. Not sure why the vid is such low res? Im not that familiar to YouTube??

Thats more like it B)

To get video to upload to youtube in hd, export it in imovie in the highest possible res, so 1280x720p, data rate 4000kb setting, h264 codex. if you can, personal experience with you tube anything over 4000k and forget it, 4k is the max :thumbs:

canon7d1.jpg

Thats more like it B)

To get video to upload to youtube in hd, export it in imovie in the highest possible res, so 1280x720p, data rate 4000kb setting, h264 codex. if you can, personal experience with you tube anything over 4000k and forget it, 4k is the max :thumbs:

It's what my brother runs his business on.....

http://www.thewakeplace.com/#menu