DP Motorsport Theives!!!

Website - http://www.dp-motorsport.co.uk

Ebay - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DP-MOTORSPORT-CAR-MOD-S

Right at first i thought it was just me, but looks as if they have a bad rep.

I brought some wheels end of May, when ordered told both wheels and tyres were in stock. So i went ahead and paid in full for these items. 2 weeks later no wheels so i call up and they say we have got the tyres but 285 instead of 275 like i ordered and getting the right tyre size could be a few weeks wait.

I agreed to have the 4 alloys plus two tyres and i'd source the other two tyres myself. They stated i could have a £260 refund for the tyres they couldnt get hold of, wheels arrived which was fine and i was happy.

But no refud, thought i'd give them a few days. A week later still no refund, i then phone them up and they state it is being processed by our accounts department.

Long story short - 6 telephone conversations later and still no refund. Google search and i find this:

http://www.bview.co.uk/listing/1066285/ ... ort-in-KA8

I have a feeling calling them isnt going to get me anywhere!!!

Any advice lads?

Thanks

You would think they would be more proactive to protect their reputation! It doesn't look like a one off. All you can do is, if you paid with a credit card then contact your credit card supplier and they will put their legal team on it, else threaten with a call to trading standards and then if still no joy phone trading standards.

Hope you get it sorted

I've aleady brought the 275 tyres from elsewere and have the wheels fitted so i just need the £260 refund they promised. There not disputing the fact they dont owe it to me, they just simply dont refund.

Maybe my RANT wasnt very clear :blush:

If they won't give the money and nothing works then I'd still ask for the tyres.

I'd rather have a set of tyres I didn't need than be out of pocket!

Do a search on here and you'll realise they are muppets (IMO)

I have talked about how crap dp-motorsport many times on here. They sold me faulty wheels and wouldnt refund them, and kept giving me delivery date after delivery date only for them not to arrive... :angry:

Did you ever get your refund mate?

Think i'm gonna have to threaten with Trading Standards. They just dont seem to care, no apologies or anything. Its bizzare!!!

This is why i ALWAYS use a credit card to pay for things like this. You are protected then and basically you don't have to pay the money when your credit card bill comes - you hand the problem to them and they do the chasing!

This is why i ALWAYS use a credit card to pay for things like this. You are protected then and basically you don't have to pay the money when your credit card bill comes - you hand the problem to them and they do the chasing!

+1 it's the best way to deal with things that can go wrong!

Just gave them another call:

Spoke to a guy who took my details down and promised me a call back today/tomo as the "Guy" in the accounts dept isnt here today (What a suprise!!). I wont hold my breath, i told him about the reveiws online and how people dont receive there refunds. His reply was there are also positive reveiws!

I was nice (for the last time) and said i'd appreciate it if it could be sorted as its the only thing letting sale down, as i'm happy with the wheels.

So lets see what happens, i shall be drafting my letter and start the ball rolling with Trading Standards. As i dont think phoning these clowns is making a damn bit of difference!

• 3 weeks later...

Update : After Writing a lengthy letter sent to them via Recorded Delivery (First Stage of Trading Standards Process)

I conveniently received my refund today :o)

Think the last paragraph helped.

"I have given you reasonable opportunity to refund my monies owing to me. You have failed to do so. Unless I receive my refund of £260 from you within 7 days (by 23 July 2010) I will have no option but to follow the route of Trading Standards, who have already been informed of this matter."

I would strongly advise anyone agaisnt ordering from these clowns, took me 44days to receive my refund. I think if i would have had a fault with any of the wheels i doubt they would bother doing anything to rectify the problem.

Save yourself the hassle and order from a reputable company :thumbs:

Update : After Writing a lengthy letter sent to them via Recorded Delivery (First Stage of Trading Standards Process)

I conveniently received my refund today :o)

Think the last paragraph helped.

"I have given you reasonable opportunity to refund my monies owing to me. You have failed to do so. Unless I receive my refund of £260 from you within 7 days (by 23 July 2010) I will have no option but to follow the route of Trading Standards, who have already been informed of this matter."

I would strongly advise anyone agaisnt ordering from these clowns, took me 44days to receive my refund. I think if i would have had a fault with any of the wheels i doubt they would bother doing anything to rectify the problem.

Save yourself the hassle and order from a reputable company :thumbs:

:thumbs: Good result in the end bud, suprising how effective a strongly worded letter can be............

+1 Ive had a few problems buying things over the internet and always just print off the payment details and any emails etc then go to the bank and they pay me then deal with the company direct, thats Lloyds TSB anyway im sure others are the same. Thats not via a credit card just direct from my account.

Glad you got it all sorted, TBH one look at their website put me off, it looks like a GNVQ students course work!!!!