Car MPG lists...?

marzman

Hey all...

Im car hunting at the moment for a daily driver. Im going to be doing 25k a year in my new role at work, so need something with as high MPG as possible, but it's also gotta be quick, and as cool as possible (which is subjective, i know) :blush:

I've been trawling through autotrader and parkers trying to narrow down what car to get, but its painstakingly slow going into every vehicle make and model to get the MPG figures...

So has anyone ever come across a list of cars and their respective MPG figures?

Cheers Stew.

Yep i've been using that site for the fuel calculator, but the trouble with any of these sites, they always seem to list the 'top 10 most economical cars' etc...

I think i need a list of performance cars and their MPG's, so i can get the right balance...

My budget - im undecided, but want to spend between £3k and £8k... pretty wide range, i know, but i would prefer to spend as little as possible.

So for example, i can get the following:

Seat Leon Cupra R - £6000 - 32mpg = £4200 p/a

Seat Leon Cupra D - £6000 - 53mpg = £2700 p/a

Audi S3 - £6500 - 29mpg = £4700 p/a

BMW 330ci - £5000 - 31mpg = £4400 p/a

BMW 328ci - £4000 - 31mpg = £4400 p/a

Performance is a big issue for me, so i dont want something that is gonna be slow!

What about performance diesels?

You have the Leon there but nothing else.

To be honest for 25k p/a I'd be looking at comfort - especially for you.

What about an E39 530d or a 330d? The latter could be a coupe too for a sporty look.

Covering those miles I'd be looking at a comfy turbo derv and you can always get it mapped for better economy and more power!

What about performance diesels?

You have the Leon there but nothing else.

To be honest for 25k p/a I'd be looking at comfort - especially for you.

What about an E39 530d or a 330d? The latter could be a coupe too for a sporty look.

Covering those miles I'd be looking at a comfy turbo derv and you can always get it mapped for better economy and more power!

To be honest driving has never hurt my back, so im not too worried about that - but thanks :thumbs:

Performance diesels... what others are there?

I've looked at the 330d which is on another list i have, but the 5-series diesels are above my budget (for such an old car). The only decent diesels i can think of are

Leon

Focus TDCI

Mondeo TDCI

Golf GT

530d/535d

Any more...?

Hmmm... Good MPG, Good looks and goes well.

Id have to say:

2010-suzuki-gsx-r750-limited-edition-25th-anniversary-2-1024x768.jpg

can do you test, get your gear and a bike for less than one of those cars above.

Dont get me wrong, i'm a car guy through and through, but the lure of bikes is there. Cars just cant match the £ - performance that bikes can.

Audi A6 estate 3.0L TDI Rocket!! i should imagine the MPG is quite....erm....good?? :lol:

Agreed. Coincidently I went down to Croft last weekend in one, an estate version. They are fast, comfy and to my mind are a classy looking motor.

Bradders.

Crap... you got my hopes up then!! 27mpg... :thumbdown:

Okay - So i've made a list of cars which can be bought for less than £7k (not more than 90k on the clock) and worked out the fuel costs, and how much it will cost me over 2 years... This is not finished yet - just what i could do on my lunch hour.

spreadsheet.jpg