How to - Spark plug change (VQ35DE)

Emperor Ming

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the guide! Went and attacked it today..should have mentioned need patience of a monk! Think i need anger management after this! the opposite side of the air intake was total @#$**! But got there in the end, quick query though is it normal for the sparkplug to be covered in so much oil? Oh big thanks to ZedmanAlex for the tip of greasing the socket and the tape on the extension bar.. was so annoying trying to fish out the socket when putting in the new plugs!

post-19069-0-36223800-1367356441_thumb.jpg

I hear its a common fault to have the gasket go which lets oil into the spark plug hole. The oil woudl have got on the plug as you took it out. Mine have been leaking for the last years (yes really) but its expensive and a pain to change them so I ignore it and the oil loss is so minor its imperceptable.

I hear its a common fault to have the gasket go which lets oil into the spark plug hole. The oil woudl have got on the plug as you took it out. Mine have been leaking for the last years (yes really) but its expensive and a pain to change them so I ignore it and the oil loss is so minor its imperceptable.

So it doesn't really do any damage to the engine? or harm the mpg? Just burns a lil oil? Its just that after a insurance renewal, new set of tires and clutch change this week has me on the streets begging for spare change at the moment! "expensive and a pain" nearly brought tears to my eyes haha!