Dimensions?????

Hi,

New to forum and need help making a decision. To buy or not to buy... a 350Z. Will the bugger fit in a satndard garage??? I know the dimensions of the sucker are available anywhere but that don't help when trying to find out whether the beast will go in your garage.

Buying it has a second car for weekend fun/interest and currently running a Honda Accord Type S which will relegated to the drive hopefully, if I can get the sucker in. The Honda is a bit of a squeeze at 15" longer than the ZED and 2.5" narrower according to figures but figures ain't no help... anyway length not the problem.

The local Nissan dealer wouldn't lend me one to have a try so he lucked out with a potential sale... any help thoughts on this would be appreciated...any of you got standard garages???

:bang:

Its all dependant on what constitutes a "standard" garage. Modern built houses are almost always provided with single integral garages that you cant fit a car in, at least not if you want to get out afterward.

If its a slightly older house, then the space may be larger - but beware the room needed to open the Zeds doors, which are quite large.

Get a roadster, as long as the garage door is wider it doesn't matter how much room you have!! :lol: Haven't tried mine in the garage yet but that will be my plan if I can't open the doors!!

That's a very possible option.... jump over the press "the close the lid button" and Bobs your uncle!!!

:thumbs:

Get a roadster, as long as the garage door is wider it doesn't matter how much room you have!! :lol: Haven't tried mine in the garage yet but that will be my plan if I can't open the doors!!

That's a very possible option.... jump over the press "the close the lid button" and Bobs your uncle!!!

:thumbs:

The only issue is having to press the brake to make the roof work!! :thumbdown: Nothing a broom handle won't solve though!! :lol:

Its all dependant on what constitutes a "standard" garage. Modern built houses are almost always provided with single integral garages that you cant fit a car in, at least not if you want to get out afterward.

If its a slightly older house, then the space may be larger - but beware the room needed to open the Zeds doors, which are quite large.

70's built Barrat homes with single garage, have managed to get new model BMW 3 series Coupe in it.

:welcome:

I had almost the same 'to buy or not to buy' issue but in reverse............. Went to view a house and the first thing i made the vendor do was get a tape measure out and tell me how big the garage was! :lol: The car always comes first...........

Wonder if there are any members near by that fancy seeing if they can park in it? Would be a simple answer!

As Chesterfield said, there is no standard size garage. My garage is about 2ft maybe more wider than the garage door, so I have enough room. My mate has an Evo and his garage is barely wider than the door and can just fit his car in, but you wouldnt get a Zed in there and be able to get out of it!

I had almost the same 'to buy or not to buy' issue but in reverse............. Went to view a house and the first thing i made the vendor do was get a tape measure out and tell me how big the garage was! :lol: The car always comes first...........

Good idea ........ change the house !!!! It's always the simple answer that are hard to come by.

Seriously I have thought about it.

:shrug:

Wonder if there are any members near by that fancy seeing if they can park in it? Would be a simple answer!

As Chesterfield said, there is no standard size garage. My garage is about 2ft maybe more wider than the garage door, so I have enough room. My mate has an Evo and his garage is barely wider than the door and can just fit his car in, but you wouldnt get a Zed in there and be able to get out of it!

This is probably the best idea, doesn't Bennet live that way? :thumbs: