is my windscreen tinted?

relentless

I need to get my windscreen replaced on my JDM (cracked by stone). Windscreen company have asked if its tinted ...green or bronze etc. To be honest i cant really tell.

Should it be really obvious if its tinted? Anyone know if gun metal JDMs are tinted as standard?

Cheers

I dont think its legal to tint your windscreen apart from a strip at the top, your windscreen might have a little green or blue strip at the top to stop the sun getting in your eyes. I think thats what they mean, maybe you can take a pic and e-mail it to them so they know exactly?

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Yes you do have a tinted windscreen, all cars do or you would get totally blinded at night.... Its about a 5% tint.

The only thing you may have on a JDM is a heated front screen (not a UK option). Just get the same one that they spec for the UK model

if they have seen your car can they not find out themselves??

the windscreen company is mobile only and based up north and im in west midlands - they didnt offer to come out just to check, might be able to twist their arm though, otherwise might see if my insurers will let me use another firm.

when i had mine replaced at autoglass they asked me if i had a chrome surround :headhurt:

i questioned this and they said they have fitted a chrome surround to a 350z or it wouldn't have been in the computer system :bangin:

when i had mine replaced at autoglass they asked me if i had a chrome surround :headhurt:

i questioned this and they said they have fitted a chrome surround to a 350z or it wouldn't have been in the computer system :bangin:

I went through the chrome surround thing!

It turns out that on there system it is listed as chrome but is actually black, the women called the parts guys and had them check it for me while I was there.

JDM spec for my car says "UV-cut green glass" - im assuming the green refers to the colour and not anything else?!

My front windscreen looks clear compared to the side windows. Theres a possibility that they fitted the wrong one last time though.