Fitting Reflectors! UPDATED MORE PICS

Demolition49

I decided i didnt like the look of those orange reflectors on the Z and ordered up a pair from sarah (Chilli Red)

Thanks again Sarah :thumbs:

I didnt realise that fitting a pair of reflectors would be such a hassle! Alot of learning happened during the removal of the bumper/wheel arch lining etc as ive never tinkered with my Z till now (only got it 2 weeks ago)

BEFORE:

mobilephoto20jun2010012.jpg

So this saturday i got my screwdriver out and thought id only need to take the wheel arch lining off... so here is the car with the wheel off:

img0370v.jpg

i then start unscrewing the wheel arch lining and this is how far i got untill:

img0374om.jpg

As you can see there is a tank in the way so now i cant get to reflector so easily...

But before i got cracking on with the bumper, i moved my wheel arch lining a bit more and saw this!

img0377j.jpg

WTF?!!? A dead bird!

img0378i.jpg

That was a bit nasty but anyway!

I managed to partially remove the bumper and squeeze my arm in to unscrew the reflectors as id rather not take off the whole bumper!

img0379an.jpg

Used one of these to get the job done as a normal screwdriver wont fit!

img0381mq.jpg

Heypresto i got it out after removing the two screws holding it in you just give it a firm push and it unclips

img0383cr.jpg

New Reflector Fitted! Job done! :thumbs:

img0384kv.jpg

AFTER:

mobilephoto20jun2010012.jpg

Looks sooo much nicer with the clear reflectors! I think this is a must have! :thumbs:

I did mine in a similar way - but found it easier to unclip water bottle rather than remove bumper :)

Can be done without wheels off (I changed my indicators and side lights today with wheels on) but my hands suffered! - lots of cuts and bruises!

nice one, looking good B) i tried to remove mine today and too found a dirty great washer bottle in the way :lol: ile give your way ago tomoz ;)

there are two tanks on the uk cars so no luck on either side without removing bumper!

I was originally planning to remove the whole bumper but the plugs at the top were difficult to remove as some of them you cant actually get to underneath! I will take some more pics tomorrow! If anybody needs a full guide/write up im happy to post up in detail and take you through it!

P.s the screwdriver was from screwfix! P15ULT :lol:

I did mine in a similar way - but found it easier to unclip water bottle rather than remove bumper :)

Can be done without wheels off (I changed my indicators and side lights today with wheels on) but my hands suffered! - lots of cuts and bruises!

Could you elaborate on how you did this briefly?

Did you have to unclip the wheel arch liner at all? May give is a go on Sunday! providing I can get away with not removing the wheel!

Did you have to unclip the wheel arch liner at all? May give is a go on Sunday! providing I can get away with not removing the wheel!

what do u need to do?

what do u need to do?

Got reflectors to go in just like Demolition has done.

I prefer not to remove the wheel if I can get away with doing it. Sods law I break something whilst trying to remove the wheel!. Surely the bumper can be whipped off without the need to remove the alloys?