handling differrences 18 vs 19

yokomo

looking to get some new wheels very soon and currently stuck bewteen some rota grid 18*8.5/9.5 vs some dotz gtr but in 19*8.5/9.5.

was going to stay away from the dotz due to size and extra weight but have just seen the gtr in person and its light as heck ... they are proper forged rims ! so it seems silly to pass up some forged rims at the silly price they cost but think maybe the 19's will alter the handling ina not so good way .

it is howver only 1 extra inch so am i just being silly or wil it be noticeble ?

ps its bumpy and pot holed to hell where live so this is also a big factor .

whats everyone thought son this especially those with either rims .

I dont think you will notice much difference between them TBH, especially if the weight difference is negligible :thumbs:

The Nismo's are 19s and so too are the standard wheels on the 370z, so I wouldnt be worried about them being too big.

that what i thought its not a hude spet up liek going to 20's and plenty run 19 ... hmm those gtrs are soo tempting ... about £600 for forged rims does seem a lil too chepa to be true but as far as i can see its legit and the 18 i picked up felt light.

Its always the balance between unsprung weight and wider contact patch with wider wheels. You should ideally only go wider and bigger if its lighter :thumbs: In this respect the OEM Rays are hard to beat ;)

Posting up this techie Spiel for fun :teeth::

"The effect of ligther wheels on a car is much more than the static weight saving. The moment of inertia calculation is based on the ratio of the mass multiplied by the square of the radius, meaning that as the diameter of the wheel increases then the greater the energy consumption of increased weight becomes. The effect lighter wheels when fitted reduces this gyroscope effect of the wheel and this gives:

-Improved acceleration and braking

-Lighter, sharper steering, gives better feel and more responsive handling

-Allows for softer damper settings giving more tyre contact & therefore better grip

-Tire temperatures and pressures are more stable

-Improved wheel & tire balancing

-Reduced Fuel consumption

Reducing the Un-sprung Mass can be quantified using a factor of six. This means that to achieve the same performance gain by reducing the body mass, it is necessary to remove six times the wheel weight saving.

Eg. A saving of 2Kg Per Wheel x 4 Wheels = Removing 48 Kg from the Bodywork."

nismo put 19's on these cars

:nono:

18x9-inch front and 19x10-inch rear with 245/40WR18 front, 265/35WR19 rear tyres

na mate...that was on the 380rs car which never came to europe. ive never seen a nismo zed with different wheel diameters.

NISMO Editions

Nissan's performance tuning division, NISMO, began producing modified versions of the 350Z shortly after its introduction, although in the UK these were only available one year after the car was launched.

NISMO R-Tune (2004)

The R-Tune was introduced into the NISMO line-up with modifications including headers, cams, pulleys. The R-Tune voids the Nissan factory warranty, but gains significant horsepower, intended for track racers.

NISMO S-Tune GT (2005)

Modified Nissan Fairlady Z NISMO patrol car (Japan)The S-Tune GT was released by NISMO to celebrate its success in motorsport, particularly in the Super GT series. The S-Tune GT featured revised long nose bodywork as in the Type-E, a modified version of the VQ35DE engine called the S1 with more power (300 PS / 221 kW / 296 hp) and higher redline (7200 rpm), as well as a sportier NISMO suspension.

20 were produced each month in Japan. Although Nissan did not officially sell S-Tune in UK, Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd. imported 1 S-Tune GT to UK

NISMO 350Z (2007–2008)

This edition of the 350Z Coupé debuted in New York International Auto Show on 2007-04-04. This version featured the same engine as the regular 350Z (VQ35HR) with 6-speed manual transmission only. The car featured NISMO aerodynamics package based on the Super GT championship car, which included an aggressive front fascia with chin spoiler, side skirts, an extended rear fascia with under body diffuser and a rear wing. The car also had NISMO-tuned independent multi-link suspension, Brembo brakes with four-piston front and two-piston rear calipers (with 12.8-inch (330 mm) front and 12.7-inch (320 mm) rear rotors) and NISMO-branded gunmetal grey RAYS alloy wheels (18x9-inch front and 19x10-inch rear with 245/40WR18 front, 265/35WR19 rear Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires), and NISMO-branded tuned exhaust. All Nismo versions are "Ready For Track" with the safety equipment in it.

NISMO 350Z went on sale in the US in July 2007 at Nissan dealers.[15][16] 1607 were produced for the '07 and '08 model year, and it is assumed that if the demand is there that more will be produced, limited to 10% of all 350Z sales. The vehicle had MSRP of $38,070 for the '07 model year.

NISMO Type 380RS (2007)

Released as the road version for Japanese market of the Type 380RS-Competition race car , it includes the VQ35HR engine stroked and bored to 3.8-litre, rated 257 kW (350 PS/350 hp) @ 7200 rpm and 397 N·m (40.5 kgf·m/293 lbf·ft) @ 4800 rpm torque. Brembo disc brakes are fitted, as are Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires (245/40R18 in front, 275/35R19 in the rear) with RAYS wheels. Front and rear dampers come from Yamaha.

NISMO Type 380RS is priced 5.397 million (5.14 million+tax) yen ($38695 USD).[17] Only 300 cars were produced.[18]

NISMO Type 380RS-Competition

It is the race car for which NISMO Type 380RS is based. The 3798 cc engine rated 294 kW (400 PS) at 7500 rpm and 421 Nm (43 kgm) at 5200 rpm torque. This in turn is based on the GT 500 race car that Nissan enters into the Super GT championship.

According to Nissan, the race car cost 26.25 million yen.

Police version

A NISMO version of Z33 was also used by Tochigi Prefecture police force.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2005-Nissan-NISMO-350Z-S-tune-GT.htm

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2004-Nissan-Nismo-350Z-S-Tune.htm

one has 18's one has 19's

When you buy the nismo set-up, the wheels, well, they come as a set, like mines.

i would love to see someone do this and drive, i wonder what mess the traction control would be in.

i can tell now that this is gonna turn into a silly debate.

At the end of the day for what your using the car for, the differences in wheels size will be barely noticible to you. unless your a super trained racing driver then you wont even know what to look for while driving the car to notice the differences. so at the end of it all, its upto yourself

na mate...that was on the first s-tune car which never came to europe. When you buy the nismo set-up, the wheels, well, they come as a set, like mines.

2007 press release: http://www.netcarshow.com/nismo/2007-nissan_350z/

2007 road test: http://www.insideline.com/nissan/350z/2007/follow-up-test-2007-nissan-nismo-350z.html

True you could only buy 19s in UK but for the factory Jap/US model they kept 18s on the front :p

At the end of the day for what your using the car for, the differences in wheels size will be barely noticible to you. unless your a super trained racing driver then you wont even know what to look for while driving the car to notice the differences. so at the end of it all, its upto yourself

:snack:;)

:snack:;)

Lmao your waiting on it ain't you haha. See you tomorrow bud

looking to get some new wheels very soon and currently stuck bewteen some rota grid 18*8.5/9.5 vs some dotz gtr but in 19*8.5/9.5.

was going to stay away from the dotz due to size and extra weight but have just seen the gtr in person and its light as heck ... they are proper forged rims ! so it seems silly to pass up some forged rims at the silly price they cost but think maybe the 19's will alter the handling ina not so good way .

it is howver only 1 extra inch so am i just being silly or wil it be noticeble ?

ps its bumpy and pot holed to hell where live so this is also a big factor .

whats everyone thought son this especially those with either rims .

Il buy them :teeth: