Scooby or 350?

garygttdi

Hi was wondering if anyone on hear could offer some advice. I currently have a Subaru WRX Sti running 305bhp on a 2003 plate. Lovely car but all a bit too full on for me, and suspect licence is going to be going in the bin if I keep it.

Was thinking of moving to a 350Z , which I realise is a complete change from a road going rally car to a civilised sports car. Any comments thoughts, not so many around to go and try one before I buy. I live in Somerset and nearest one is Swindon.

:yahoo:

Sounds like you are on the right lines if you want something more civilised and less brutal. The Zed driving experience is completely different to a Scooby or Evo. It will feel a lot slower but thats because the torque is so linea. When you first gun it, you will think it has no power until you look at the speedo and see how fast you are going. Its also much more fun in the bends, you have to drive it properly, unlike a lot of 4WD cars where you can just point and squirt.

If you want to get more power out of the Zed though, it will be expensive. Factor in £10k for a good job going SC or turbo. Staying NA you wont get much more power.

Going by what you've said, I think the 350z would be a good fit for you :thumbs:

i have both at the moment :surrender:

I use the scoob as a daily driver and the zed for fun and I think that works brilliantly, the scoob flatters the driver in the corners though still good fun but in a different way, its nice to be able to overtake almost anything when the turbo finally kicks in where as the zed as Chris said you have to drive, ive had much more fun in the zed, hot day TC off and a tank full of fuel :thumbs:

Test drove a Scooby before buying the Zed. But it just didn't feel right for me. It was a quick car, but it was cheap and nasty inside. Some folk actually say the Zed is cheap and tacky inside as well, but with the Alezan leather, I think it's quite tasteful.

The drive like you say won't be as thrillish without the turbo, but learn to appreciate it's own characteristics and you won't regret the decision.

Evo's and Scooby's everwhere :scare: and yes faster but the Zed is alot more special imo.

I live in Somerset and only time to time I see a zed coming the other way it makes me smile everytime, that's one of the reason's for having one :thumbs:

Best of luck in your search.

A few of my mates have scoobs and against the zed on a quarter mile the zed is quicker. Going by 60 the zed pulls away. The zed also has class about it where the scoob is an animal designed to get used and abused. You can turn up somewhere in a zed and people don't know what it is. Scoobs are around alot more and people know what they are. Two completely different jap cars which are both awesome in there own way.

:#1: Thanks Guys I really appreciate you all taking the time to talk to me, have to say a much better chat than some of the Scooby sites. Problem is I am 52 and wearing jeans around my ass and a baseball cap is not looking cool these days. I recently got a new Golf GTD and the drive in that is so good it made me realise what an animal the Scooby is, (oh and I can tell if its heads or tails when I drove over a penny ).

I will search the dealers and try to see if I can find one to try, anything against grey imports. Must say I rather like the burnt Orange colour I have seen around, bit like marmite you either love it or hate it.