The Flying Tangerine is back from Plastic Surgery

helimeddaz

Dropped the Z off this a.m. for my long awaited body parts fitting. (Over a year to get all the bits sorted, Long story)

Nothing too radical.

N1 rear. EPRacing.

N1 Sides & Spats. Mad Motors

Suzuka front lip. MJP.

Carbon Rear Diffuser. The Z Store. USA.

Many thanks to these great suppliers who were a great help.

Very nervous and anxious day waiting to get the call to go and collect it. I know its daft, but I can't stand it when its out of my sight and hands... :blush:

Update...

Should have had the car back yesterday p.m. Not the body shop's fault.

Well all's not well at the moment. Once again the front lip ((Guaranteed fit, My arse) is playing hard ball. The fitter says it will be ok, but it'll take a bit of massaging to get it just right (and some filler I bet).

Maybe I am expecting too much, but why say "bolt on, test fitted" if it obviously does not.

Believe it or not that's 4 lips so far. The first 2 Seibon's were total shite and the Varis although better quality was for the wrong model (No name's no pack drill as to who supplied that). This ones for the right model, but still needs more attention than "Bolt on"

The colour match looks spot on, but if you've seen a Tempur you know its a total fatherless git to match. Even from the factory. Under garage lights at night the roof is diffeent to the roof rails down the side and the boot spoiler and H/lamp washers are different again. I suppose it adds to the character. :angry::rant::scare::lol: (All in the same measure).

I'm off this week, which is a bit of luck, but need the Z back for the Harewood Show this Sunday.

I'll keep you updated

How does the diffuser fit dude?

Not seen it yet M8.

That's a carbon jobby. just screws on to lower bumper, so can't any issues with that. Mine will be part painted. Hard to explain, but I'll put up some pics later. :thumbs:

Cool,look forward to seeing them then,especially the diffuser as ill be getting one at some point

:thumbs:

The short wait will be worth it when you get it back. ;)

The colour match looks spot on, but if you've seen a Tempur you know its a total fatherless git to match. Even from the factory. Under garage lights at night the roof is different to the roof rails down the side and the boot spoiler and H/lamp washers are different again.

Nissan's plastic v metal panels. :lol:

Where are you having it all fitted and painted? I'm needed some bit fitted and sprayed in next few weeks but not sure of places to go...

Ok the Z is back tomorrow dinner time. Gary the Body Shop man has just called me. The front lip has had a bit of attention and is now sprayed and drying ready to fit in the a.m. (plastic need to air dry)

Body shop in Knottingley. Not much to look at, but excellent work... :teeth:

Ok She's back and I'M WELL CHUFFED.... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

The match is as good as the original factory panels which is to say they all reflect the light differently, but thats as expected. And Shaun the diffuser is Saaaweeet.... :teeth: You'll notice it's painted with a bit of Carbon left showing as an accent. B)

A few really tiny niggles, but nothing that most would notice. I guess i'm just really picky, but I'll sort-em sharpish. Overall I'm very happy. It's been worth the wait to put the parts together. I didn't want too radical, (Maybe I'm gettin old) just alittle different.

The Suzuka lip is nice and subtle and the Diffuser just adds a bit to the lower back end to help out the N1 winglets.

Hope you like the Pics.. I'm not that good at photo's, they never seem to do the colour justice.

I'll see some of you Sunday at Harewood.... :thumbs:

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Oh... And before anybody says "SPACERS", I F*&^%$ kNOW. They're next up..... :lol::lol::lol: