Bonnet fitted, finally! - and Ings rear finished..

ikarus

Spent most of the day fitting the bonnet properly. Some of you may remember the post about painting the carbon bonnet or not - well this is the result :). I had to cut some of the under side fibreglass support away as it sat on the engine cover, plus I had to file out the brackets that it bolts to - and the front catch. Anyway, it fits dead straight now and doesn't foul on the engine anymore :)

It took some work, but worth it. Just got it all finished before the rain started :rant:

DSCF2631.jpg

DSCF2630.jpg

DSCF2629.jpg

DSCF2636.jpg

Got some different plans for the front end next :)

Also, I finished the fit on the ings rear, it was a little out from the body shop and needed some proper rubber strips fitting where it contacts the oem bumper.

I also took the back boxes off a while ago and carbon wrapped the lower portion of the ings. I realised i hadn't posted any pics since i did that, so..

DSCF2619.jpg

Yep, that's the wife cleaning the inside - in the rain. Rose bush = less important :lol:

Ill be first to say it then :lol: NOOOOOOOOOO :scare: you just don't paint carbon,its the rules :lol:

Now go hang your head in shame & think about your mistake :ban:

sorry m8 but imo it just looks out of place unless the cars black..........running for cover.. :surrender:

Looks good overall though dude B)

wow, feedback overload..

here we go..

I still think the Ings is a cracking rear. Very nice mate.

I should think so Martin, thanks for your advice early on. Very pleased with the results :)

Where abouts in stafford are you located? looks like wildwood?

wtf ???? Yes, this was taken on wildwood - but how the hell??

Thought about going black on the door handles?

Yep, and smoked, and wrapped - something needs to happen - just haven't settled on what yet :shrug:

Looks great Dave, surprisingly it looks better in white than it did in carbon

Thanks Ian, wasn't the easiest decision I've ever made. I't did look very nice in carbon - just not the subtle look i was after.

Ill be first to say it then NOOOOOOOOOO you just don't paint carbon,its the rules

lol - not the first to say it believe me :lol: - had a real difference of opinion on this topic. The problem is that if you want a custom bonnet you can't get fibreglass any more - so it's carbon or painted carbon. It IS a crime to paint carbon, but for the look i wanted i had no choice :)

Thats a very, very nice Zed!! I'll be honest tho, not sure about the roof? Think i would prefer a shiny finish. Very nice tho!

Agreed. This has been playing on my mind and i'm not happy with the wrapped roof finish. I just needed to see if the whole black roof thing was what i wanted for a while before committing to paint - which i think will be soon :)

Thats a very, very nice Zed!! I'll be honest tho, not sure about the roof? Think i would prefer a shiny finish. Very nice tho!

Agreed. This has been playing on my mind and i'm not happy with the wrapped roof finish. I just needed to see if the whole black roof thing was what i wanted for a while before committing to paint - which i think will be soon :)

I'm sure someone here has the black, glass like finish on their roof and it looks awesome! :thumbs:

Where abouts in stafford are you located? looks like wildwood?

wtf ???? Yes, this was taken on wildwood - but how the hell??

I used to live in stafford before i moved down south, just recognised it. My parents still live there so I'm back fairly often.

• 1 month later...