The next 370 a diesel????????????/

alessandro

La nuova generazione della Nissan 370Z potrebbe montare propulsori Mercedes. Dopo l’accordo tra il gruppo Daimler e Renault-Nissan, questa potrebbe essere una delle conseguenze più curiose: i noti V6 giapponesi, come il VQ37 montato sull’attuale coupè, potrebbero quindi lasciare il posto a quelli più recenti della produzione Mercedes.

completed translation

so! the new generation of the nissan 370z!! it is like a pottering man, with propulsion units from a mercedes. he is doubly fast according to daimler and renault-nissan. if you ask the question. is it most potent and quick with laxatives and poking then quickly look at recent events of production mercedes!

but then ive had alot of wine... and im posting.. so that may be innacurate.

ok so i concentrated am i right in saying they are looking at putting a 4 cylinder mercedes diesel engine in the 370z?? thats a bit cack, it will be like an audi TT in too many ways then, i mean have you heard a diesel Audi TT drive around :yuck::yuck: yuck! its just not in the spirit of the car.

hmm i think its made of fail :thumbdown::thumbdown:

The new generation of Nissan 370Z could mount engines Mercedes. After the agreement between Daimler and Renault-NissanThis could be one of the more curious: the Japanese V6 known as the VQ37 mounted on the current coupe, might then give way to the most recent production Mercedes.

Those who think only the V6 sports is wrong: the assumption ranges from 3.5 V6 with hybrid system S400 Hybrid the 4-cylinder diesel generation to the V6 diesel BLUETEC of E350, thereby creating a new generation of Z coupe intended for a wider audience with leading technologies and fuel consumption and emissions adequate to the changing demands of international markets.

Will ruin the Zed if they put a diesel in it. I mean the TT isnt a proper sports car, and their audience can accept it as they just want looks, but the Z legacy is about RWD proper motoring. If thats the case, I'm glad I got mine now and will keep it forever :yahoo:

From Autocar...

Nissan-261010113717574612x408.jpg

Nissan is planning a radical shake-up of its next-generation Z-car that could even include diesel engines and a four-cylinder hybrid powertrain, sourced as part of the brand’s recent tie-up with Daimler.

Renault-Nissan is expected to supply three and four-cylinder petrol engines and electric technology to Daimler as part of the deal. In return, it will get four, six and eight-cylinder powerplants, and CEO Carlos Ghosn is said to be keen to install some of those units in the next Zed to keep the car ahead of tightening emissions regs. Greener variants could also help the car to attract buyers in Japan’s flagging domestic sports car market.

Nissan is considering three new engines for the Zed. First is a 3.5-litre V6 hybrid set-up used in Mercedes S400; Nissan also has the option of its own, similar-sized motor from the forthcoming Infiniti M hybrid.

Even more tempting are Mercedes’ diesel options: the V6 from the E350 CDI and the four-cylinder petrol hybrid from the forthcoming E300 Bluetec. The E300’s mix of 2.2-litre, four-pot turbodiesel and 15kW electric motor produces a total of 221bhp and more than 420lb ft of torque. In the E-class it returns a claimed 56mpg while emitting just 109g/km of CO2.

Another longer-term option would be Mercedes’ Diesotto engine, which combines diesel and petrol tech and can power cars as large as an S-class from just 1.8 litres.

Nissan’s Japanese rivals, Toyota and Honda, have struggled to maintain sales of sports cars in recent years. But while Toyota’s FT-86 small petrol coupé has now been pushed back until 2012 at the earliest, Honda is now enjoying strong sales with its CR-Z hybrid.

1469953337726234x155.jpg

Mitsubishi is planning a radical overhaul of its Lancer Evolution by changing the next incarnation into a diesel hybrid. The switch of drivetrain is designed to save the Evo from tightening economy and emissions regs while preserving its trademark mid-range shove.

Mitsubishi is said to have given serious consideration to axing the Evo model altogether. As recently as a month ago, sources in Japan said an earlier project — to switch the car to a petrol hybrid powertrain and base it on the PX-MiEV SUV concept’s platform — was dead.

But now the firm’s R&D department has been given approval to push the car in a different direction: a diesel hybrid.

Engineers hope that the mix of clean-diesel torque and electric motor assistance will allow the Evo XI to deliver a 0-62mph time of under five seconds, yet cut CO2 emissions to well under 200g/km.

Handling will be entrusted to a revised version of the Evo’s highly rated four-wheel drive system, S-AWC, which integrates steering, braking and traction control.

The switch marks a big gamble for Mitsubishi. Diesel hybrid will, in effect, rule the Evo out of competition use and could limit its appeal in key markets such as the US and Japan, where diesels have yet to gain widespread acceptance.

From Autocar...

Nissan-261010113717574612x408.jpg

:yuck:

What's going off here?

I think Nissan should look back to the 240z for inspiration for any future incarnations of the Zed cars. Leave the 350z/370z design as what it is. Camero and Mustang proved it works, surely?