53mph in a 30mph Notice of Intended Prosecution

troublesome

Dont want to start something where by people say ooooh thats not good you shouldnt speed etc... As i had been sticking to the limit all day to see what mpg i could get...

29MPG trip to leicester to see CS and get exhaust sorted (Thanks CS for the exhaust, not the NIP though :op)

Just wanted to know what points/fine is expected?

Thanks

It was a merging lane going from 40 to 30, i thought i'd just nip to the front failed to see a sneaky little van!! Noticed too late obvioulsy as i slowed down to 30...

Have been googling but some say 6 points and a larger fine. I can deal with 3points, but 6 is a bit of a bummer!!!

30 mph over the prescribed limit is an automatic ban - which is what I got for doing 101mph on the motorway. I only got a 21 day ban and a £200 fine which in my opinion is better than 6 points on your license for 4 years as any other indecretions and 12 points brings an automatic 6 month ban :surrender:

As you were doing 20mph over the limit I'd expect a little more that the usual £60 fine and 3 points, maybe a slightly higher fine or 6 points or a court appearance and a short ban if your extremely unlucky.

30 mph over the prescribed limit is an automatic ban - which is what I got for doing 101mph on the motorway. I only got a 21 day ban and a £200 fine which in my opinion is better than 6 points on your license for 4 years as any other indecretions and 12 points brings an automatic 6 month ban :surrender:

As you were doing 20mph over the limit I'd expect a little more that the usual £60 fine and 3 points, maybe a slightly higher fine or 6 points or a court appearance and a short ban if your extremely unlucky.

Did you not get any points then?? Just the ban and fine??

:scare: I got 3 points and £60 for doing 41 in a 30 in feb, which of course over 3 years would deffo amount to more than £200 in extra insurance cost!

:scare: I got 3 points and £60 for doing 41 in a 30 in feb, which of course over 3 years would deffo amount to more than £200 in extra insurance cost!

Nope no points which im my opinion was awesome. If they had given me 6 points, added to the three I already had, would have put me on 9 points. If I had got another three points at ANY point in the next four years it would have meant a total of 12 points which is an automatic six month ban!! That would have meant a loooong time driving around at 29 mph just incase! :scare:

Instead I took the 21 days ban, my three points have dropped off now, so now I have a point free license. Also my insurance didn't go up as Aviva only count bans in whole months eg 6 or 9 etc and as mine was less than one month it counted as zero :D

Nope no points which im my opinion was awesome. If they had given me 6 points, added to the three I already had, would have put me on 9 points. If I had got another three points at ANY point in the next four years it would have meant a total of 12 points which is an automatic six month ban!! That would have meant a loooong time driving around at 29 mph just incase! :scare:

Instead I took the 21 days ban, my three points have dropped off now, so now I have a point free license. Also my insurance didn't go up as Aviva only count bans in whole months eg 6 or 9 etc and as mine was less than one month it counted as zero :D

Result :thumbs:

Sometimes the system does work in our favour then....

if its double the speed limit its a ban, but for just under im faily sure its 6 points

Its actually:

Speed limit + 30mph = Automatic ban

:)

I thought it was Speed limit + 45% = ban

Limit: Ban if:

30 mph In excess of 53 mph

40 mph In excess of 58 mph

50 mph In excess of 73 mph

60 mph In excess of 87 mph

70 mph In excess of 101 mph

There is no 'automatic' ban as far as I'm aware.

My Dads ex business partner was done doing 105mph and got 6 points. Luckily he was on 3 or 5 points at the time so avoided a ban that way too.

It's up to the judge at the end of the day if it gets to court.