SOLD: 350z Vortech V3 Super Charger

nurrish

After reading these latest comments, all i can say is, to those that are driving their supercharged 350Z about with a feeling of petrified doom, then sell the supercharger setup to me CHEAP! and i will enjoy every minute of it without fear :D i think i have a couple of hundred in the bank spare :p

I'd sell you mine but it would cost you a LOT more than what nurrish sold his for ;)[/quote

+1.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely correct.....the fun was totally sucked out for me with all the extra attention it needed....I missed being able to drive it how I wanted to drive it....instead when driving I was constantly worried about damaging it....I will be happy to be n/a for the time being

run the car at a lower boost and your never have any problems.

You lot worry to much, a well set up 400bhp S/C will last as long as stock car , but as long as it is built well and set up well, Nurrish was running to much boost full stop and I told him that.

run a HKS kit, it is quiet, fits very well and makes good power @ a low boost level.

This may well be true, but it misses the point. Take it from me, you never rest easy as a F/I owner with the Z. You'd shouldn't have to go from the thrill of a fast overtaking move to the "ears out" concern before you put it back in the garage :)

Hey-ho, what do I know - well (and it has taken me 3+ years to admit it), I would still have the Z if I hadn't ****-balled about going F/I. Tw*t that I was.

Hang on there lads I don't think there is ANY difference between a tuned Z in N/A for and a tuned Z in F/I form... bar the latter is going to be hella lot quicker! When I had my car tuned N/A first time around it was a shitty map with lots of detonations under load :thumbdown: My ears where bigger then dumbos! Every time I took her out I was there listening for knocks. To cut a longwinded story short I had it retuned with TDP.IE using RON95 petrol form Texaco and ever since my ears have now gone back to normal and I enjoy just driving it! What I'm trying to say is when I go FI and let the same tuner do the tune I wont be listening out for cracks knocks or detonations, I'll be to busy listening to the sound of the exhaust and turbo underneath! With a safe tune there is no need to worry, if you leave your car with a tuner that knows what they're at and you TELL THEM that you rather have a driveable car then try and find every last bit of HP there is there. A Track tune would be far different from a road tune... :dance:

Everyone to their own, Ian with his HKS kit might be able to give some input? :bounce:

I agree with Nurrish & Dorian to a certain extent. I'm listening for every little noise & its making me paranoid tbh, especially after the little hiccup I had with it today :surrender:

My car is back to stock now and I am back in love with it again

I don't regret having done what I did but if i was to start again would most certainly leave my car n/a

I have learnt through this lesson that the zed is a brilliant car in its original incarnation

I totally fell out of love with my car in it's supercharged state....it just wasn't for me but I agree with mark that a well setup f/I car can be 100% safe.

Dorian is spot on with everything he has said.

Would I go f/I again .........absolutely not.

Will i love the car for what it is........absolutely

My car is back to stock now and I am back in love with it again

I don't regret having done what I did but if i was to start again would most certainly leave my car n/a

I have learnt through this lesson that the zed is a brilliant car in its original incarnation

I totally fell out of love with my car in it's supercharged state....it just wasn't for me but I agree with mark that a well setup f/I car can be 100% safe.

Dorian is spot on with everything he has said.

Would I go f/I again .........absolutely not.

Will i love the car for what it is........absolutely

+1 all the way. But we still all did make that decision, why was that (?) .... I definitely don't have that answer :bangin:

Nurrish i still cant believe you've done this?? Why not just drop the power down and keep the car SC'ed??

I know the feeling you guys are going through. When i picked my car up from abbey i drove 2 hours before i even put the radio just listening and watching all my gauges!!!! :blush:

Cars are just machines, If you look after them and build them right then they work right. You may have some extra problems over an NA car but just deal with them! Any one who drives a car that is tuned will have small doubts in there mind but the feeling of power/performance gained should bring a bigger smile than the "sh*t what was that small nosie that only you heard and the passenger did not hear?" lol.. The smallest noise im like "sh*t was that the ???? letting go" Just put your mind at rest and drive the car how it was ment to be driving and then worrie later! lol..

Tell me this is not the end for power tuning for you?? Ill say it once more GO BUILT TT OR V8 OR GTFO!!! LOL>.

I think its more to do with the vortech s/c.....as its a more wild and untamed s/c as it wants to keep making power and it has got heavy demands on fuel. It was a simple matter of not being able to stomach the up keep and fuel costs to keep it running...so i got to a point when my car was barley being used as it cost too much to run....this is the only downside of this system. I got to a point where i could plow more money into it to try and get the consumption down or sell up and cut my loses....i believe i have done the right thing

If i were to do it again then it would be hks all the way....or a built turbo build

But for the time being i am keeping n/a and going to enjoy my car for what it is