More bad times on the Cumbrian coast

martinmac

Well that was a strange day. "Birdie" as he was apparently known around these parts has had a right old romp around.

Let me just inform you all that the "2 armed response" units that the police are quick to crow about in Cumbria are based in Kendal and Penrith, flipping miles away!

If it wasn't for Sellafield sending all their armed troopers out, It might even have been worse! Thankfully i was inside said razorwired place, guarded with, as Gene Hunt would say; Armed Bast**ds.

Was thinking about you folk in Cumbria this morning. It's been all over the news here. At least he had the decency to take his own life. Poor everyone else involved.

As they say it's the quiet ones you need to watch out for.

Was thinking about you folk in Cumbria this morning. It's been all over the news here. At least he had the decency to take his own life. Poor everyone else involved.

As they say it's the quiet ones you need to watch out for.

Hey Immy, you didn't hear the phone call on (i think) Good Morning New Zealand from my mate Darren did you? He was rather unfairly stitched up by one of his Kiwi freinds who knew someone who worked for the tv show. I think he was interviewed as "a local resident", but it gave us a much needed giggle at his BBQ last night though!

you didn't hear the phone call on (i think) Good Morning New Zealand from my mate Darren did you? He was rather unfairly stitched up by one of his Kiwi friends who knew someone who worked for the tv show. I think he was interviewed as "a local resident", but it gave us a much needed giggle at his BBQ last night though!

I don't watch morning or daytime tv, so would have missed it. :(