I JUST CANT BELIEVE THIS !!!!! you gotta look

lomoto

Its a great idea i have to say. No real performance loss and it does make the car cheap to run!

Still not worth £20k though for an 04 car. The lpg once added adds relatively little value to the resale. Its something ppl do, but you need to run it long enough to make your money back. You never make your money back on the resale, well from my experiance anyways :)

Its a great idea i have to say. No real performance loss and it does make the car cheap to run!

Still not worth £20k though for an 04 car. The lpg once added adds relatively little value to the resale. Its something ppl do, but you need to run it long enough to make your money back. You never make your money back on the resale, well from my experiance anyways :)

" A great Idea " :scare: sounds like a crap one to me.. :teeth:

A friend of mine had a V8 Range Rover converted. Now this does pay as he was getting about 14mpg. There is a slight loss of power as the octane is lower and you do use more lpg because of this.

Also don't forget the extra weight and the Zed is already a heavy car..

A really crap idea on a performance car IMHO. :thumbdown:

A friend of mine has it on his Toyota and driving it i could not feel the difference.

If they could prove that the Zed felt the same to drive i would convert and use the car more. (Heathrow and back for me is £60 and half that in the Audi so the Zed stays on the drive :angry:)

No one in their right mind would fit this conversion at a cost of £2400 you'd have to be covering at least 50,000 miles a year to break even...+ I know a lot of people who have had major probs with some conversions.. but besides that one of these on a 350Z :scare:

No one in their right mind would fit this conversion at a cost of £2400 you'd have to be covering at least 50,000 miles a year to break even...+ I know a lot of people who have had major probs with some conversions.. but besides that one of these on a 350Z :scare:

Why didnt he just buy a Diesel the mong? :scare:

probably why its for sale :)

Guest prescience

From a technical view, since LPG typically has a higher RON rating than octane, it's no bad thing for our high compression ratio motors.

Seen a few pics of blows-ups with these though :scare:

I wonder how the old insurers view such modifications?

:headhurt: don't quite see the point. Buy a diesel if you want economy

thats my point i drive a diesel Audi as my main car to save about £120 per month over the zed. i have only covered 1500 miles in 14 months in the Zed.

I could use the Zed but every time i leave the house i see £££

For me the payback would be 15 months and sell the Audi.

did nt realise the Z came in that derivative :teeth:

my jag is lpg and at a cost of 37p/l I calculated 25k miles to break even on the conversion costs, assuming it added not a penny to the resale value

had mine done here http://www.f1automotive.com/index.htm and he has a tweaked Evo as his demonstrator which has more power than the Z. He claims it is even better suited as it is turbocharged, which fits well with LPG.

doesnt cost a penny more on the insurance and as Im doing high miles is a better choice for me. High mileage Z's are hard to shift. Given the lack of boot space and the fact the spare if a space saver (IIRC) I doubt if you will get a decent tank in there, and you can only fill the tank to 90% of its specified capacity.

so probably not the best suited car but dont reject this conversion for performance cars

Fair play. When I was a student i worked at a petrol station/garage with an LPG pump and you'd be surprised the cars that used it. I wouldn't convert mine as I'm not a tree hugger or a grippy fisted bugger (I am a scotsman though - honest!)

For an everyday long commute it makes sense for some.

It sounds like a great idea to me. The Zed is pretty heavy already so an extra 20kg for the tank isn't the end of the world. The car can still run on petrol if you like and you're desperate for every last BHP but if, like me, you only want to run one car you can still do long runs without it breaking the bank. The Zed is a very competent GT, and even more so if you can cut the running costs when cruising. At the end of the day, how much of the time are you utilising the top end of the power band? In all honesty it's probably only a small percentage of the time.

My only concern is what effect it would have on the manufacturers warranty.