Considering buying a 350z

Hi guys

A friend of mine who used to have a 350z recommended these forums as a good place to start for information. I loved his 350z and now it's time to think about upgrading my car I've really got my heart set on a 350z. Although I have a few questions/queries that some of you will hopefully be able to answer....

I'm looking to spend around 15k - looking for a GT model with 35000miles or less (around 3-4 years old)

1) My main stumbling block is having a dog (she's a smallish black lab) - I've seen pictures of boot space and that's no use, but I've also seen seat covers for about 10quid - so would put one on and let her ride shotgun like she does at the minute. Does anyone else have a dog that rides shotgun and any tips/advice?

2) I know the pre April 2006 350z is 190quid tax rather than 400quid in tax - I'd obviously like the newer model (313) if possible, is it worth the extra dunt a year in road tax?

3) My pal had a Jap import and had an aftersales head unit fitted (which was really nice and even had reverse camera that I thought was wicked) - in your opinion am I better (cheaper) buying integrated Sat Nav already in (which is quite important to me) - or buying one with no head unit and using the money I save to buy a swank one - any recommendations as well?

I can't think of anything else at the minute - but these are my main concerns and was interested in some feedback from existing owners. If anyone has any tips/advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

The birdview sat nav as a dealer supplied retrofit is about £1300 and not really worth the money IMO. Nurrish on here sells a unit which is much better for a good price. It also has a reversing camera.

Hi Guys

I found the page with Nurrish's head unit for sale - very swish - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=24395

Has anyone got any tips/advice for going for the Nissan OEM SAT NAV or opting for a Custom job (bear in mind I'm not very mechanically minded - although I do work in IT and I'm pretty good with Techy stuff)

Any suggestions or opinions welcome

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Just to say yesterday morning at 6.30am a man cane to my door with my new car. It's an 08 Coupe in midnight blue. This forum has been a great help and I've got so much information out of it so thanks a lot. I've just come home from a mates house on B roads and I've still got adrenalin pumping round me. Truely awesome!

Hi guys

Just to say yesterday morning at 6.30am a man cane to my door with my new car. It's an 08 Coupe in midnight blue. This forum has been a great help and I've got so much information out of it so thanks a lot. I've just come home from a mates house on B roads and I've still got adrenalin pumping round me. Truely awesome!

:#1:

Now we need some pictures :thumbs:

Hi guys

Out of interest, how much did you pay for it as your budget was £15,000 originally?

:worthless:

Hey guys, pics will come soon. Washed the car on Saturday and found some light scratches that have kinda pi**ed me off but they should T cut away.

My budget was about 15-16k and I did go over. It cost me £17,800 but with 12months tax (I insisted on this) and it's got manufacuter's warranty until May 2011. I wanted some security with service history, warranty and mileage (which this fitted the bill on all accounts)

A mates up next week and helping him fit new wheels to his golf, so weather permitting I'll wash car and see if I can get rid of the mild scrathches - once she's looking all buff I'll get busy with the camera :-)

Ahhh, just had a read o ef the detailing section. So the marks I have are more scratches than the swirl marks. Excuse my ignorance, will a claybar remove these, they don't look deep scratches but it's still annoying :rant:

Ahhh, just had a read o ef the detailing section. So the marks I have are more scratches than the swirl marks. Excuse my ignorance, will a claybar remove these, they don't look deep scratches but it's still annoying :rant:

all clay does is remove contamanents from the paint surface to give you a smooth surface for applying products etc, it won't remove scratches at all. you will need to look at using a machine polisher for that, depending on the type and how deep the scratches are.