pissed off

j33p1995

Yesterday afternoon sat waiting at a roundabout woman in front moves 3 foot then stops I move up behind her and stop the useless prat behind me moves up straight into the back of me, I get out of the car he start's ranting why did I stop (I'm just about to rip him a new arse). Then he see's the woman in front, he then apologize's starts moaning about the front of his car, I have to walk away before I lose it :angry: am I right in thinking that the rear bumper is one piece?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just got the car back (£1000 for new rear bumper) looks good until I washed it this morning, the hole of the car is coverd in swirls apart from the repaired bumper :angry: it was not like that when they took the car I'm very careful when i wash the car I use a lambs wool glove, how do I put this right?

My insurance said it needed a new bumper even with just this crack: And I think £1k sounds very high. Mine had new braces behind and all sorts (over the top cautiousness from the insurer, but im not complaining) and I dont think it was much more than £1k.

DSC_0333.jpg

£1000 for the bumper, that doesnt suprise me,

but the £50 for a wash, machine polish and wax comment! they must be right cowboys, a machine polish is more than a 10 minute job, to get any sort of decent results it takes a days work to do. (just look at my detail thread, took me a day and a half!)

My bumper was £1k to replace when some nice old lady reversed into me. Only broke the fog light fixing point but was enough not to be fixable. A grand for a number and spray/fitting is about right for south/london prices.

£1000 for the bumper, that doesnt suprise me,

but the £50 for a wash, machine polish and wax comment! they must be right cowboys, a machine polish is more than a 10 minute job, to get any sort of decent results it takes a days work to do. (just look at my detail thread, took me a day and a half!)

:lol: not cow boys; professional bodyshop,

the bloke who does it comes in on saturdays and if you bung him some cash he'll do the work for you. i know the place well. plus its not going for a full detail; its just in for the polish. i don't want someone else to do all the work, i want to do it, i just want to pay someone else to do the machine bit.

but if it does help i know of other pro detailers that do a full detail in and out for 65-75 quid ranging up to 150 depending on what you have done.

Thanks guys most of the damage was behind the bumper, my point is why should I pay to put right something that was alright before they done the repair?, after all it was the rear of the car that was damaged.

It's not exactly a big deal. Just needs a machine polish. Maybe you should have told them not too wash it after it was fitted, but you forgot, so now it has swirl marks, which they will probably give you a dumb look if you try and explain to them, as every car they deal with probably has them, It's just we'r anal.