Windows 7 help please

Ebized

Having trouble 'grouping' objects/text on pictures/photos in Word documents.

I can group all the objects together OK but can't seem to group with the base pic/photo so that when I want to copy and paste into a document (reports I have to do) they don't stay together. With XP Pro it worked fine but any mannner of right clicking/Ctrl/Shift etc just will not pick up the base pic/photo :blush:

Its OK when I save as a pdf but then when I need to amend (in Word) its a right hassle now. Or is there a simple way to reconvert a pdf to Word as I have never conquered the Adobe drawing options, finding the Word drawing tools option previously sufficient for my purposes.

Help :surrender:

Having trouble 'grouping' objects/text on pictures/photos in Word documents.

I can group all the objects together OK but can't seem to group with the base pic/photo so that when I want to copy and paste into a document (reports I have to do) they don't stay together. With XP Pro it worked fine but any mannner of right clicking/Ctrl/Shift etc just will not pick up the base pic/photo :blush:

Its OK when I save as a pdf but then when I need to amend (in Word) its a right hassle now. Or is there a simple way to reconvert a pdf to Word as I have never conquered the Adobe drawing options, finding the Word drawing tools option previously sufficient for my purposes.

Help :surrender:

Maybe try illustrator or something instead for reports? It's no a Windows 7 problem... Change your heading to OFFICE X (whatever version you got) problem.

:teeth:

Could also try one of the freebies and see if they can do it? (normally a few versions behind Microsoft...)

Like: OpenOffice > http://www.openoffice.org/

& if you wanna buy it > http://www.staroffice.org/

:drunk: If you give a solid example I might be able to help you more.

If you give a solid example I might be able to help you more.

I'm looking for the hopefully easy answer...........

If you paste a picture into Office Word 2007, insert (say) an arrow from the 'shapes' tab, how do you group that pic and the arrow together so they can be copied and pasted elsewhere - that worked perfectly OK with the earlier version of Word using XP Pro, but havn't found the trick with Windows 7 :doh:

This should help Colin :thumbs:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/ ... 91033.aspx

You need to insert a Drawing Canvas first then put the images/shapes into that, then you can group as normal :bangin:

Cheers Chris - that's done it :yahoo: - I had not inserted the drawing canvas (right at the foot of the drop-down menu) which you did not have to do before :doh:

Many thanks, the Forum has saved me again :thumbs::lol:

And to save others reading about my IT illiteracy the thread is locked :blush:

Google is always your friend for all things IT, theres always someone thats done it before! I'm always infuriated by Office 2007 as everything has to be done differently, for no apparent reason :bang: