Z Tuning

Dicky

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for not replying sooner but I’ve been a bit ill lately.

I live in god’s own country Newcastle upon Tyne.

I rang RS tuning who quoted £395 + vat for a remap. Apparently this should provide an additional 10BHP and 20ft lbs and would be most noticeable in the mid range power band.

Anyone had this done or can anyone tell me if this would be at all noticeable.

I rang RS tuning who quoted £395 + vat for a remap. Apparently this should provide an additional 10BHP and 20ft lbs and would be most noticeable in the mid range power band.

I had my car tuned at Abbey Motorsport and you will definitely notice a difference in the way it drives. Even though I have got mods on my car you would still notice the difference on a totally stock car. The car runs smoother and is far more responsive. You should also ask that RS ensure you get 100% throttle in the first 3 gears, makes a difference as well. :thumbs:

a few members have used RS with good results. Use the search button or look within their own subforum here

I had my car tuned at Abbey Motorsport and you will definitely notice a difference in the way it drives. Even though I have got mods on my car you would still notice the difference on a totally stock car. The car runs smoother and is far more responsive. You should also ask that RS ensure you get 100% throttle in the first 3 gears, makes a difference as well. :thumbs:

I didn’t know that about the throttle. Why is it limited in these gears as standard??

I didn’t know that about the throttle. Why is it limited in these gears as standard??

save the car,engine & gearbox

As usual I have a comment contrary to general opinion, which is that the throttle isn't limited in any gear. Uprev logs show that you get wide open throttle in all gears, well actually I can only speak for my car, but theres nothing special about mine - its a prefacelift DE. The difference in the low gears is that as standard the acelerator pedal movement is not linear with throttle opening, in first you can press the accelerator 3/4 way and only get slight throttle, making the car feel very lazy. But if you put your foot right to the floor you DO get full throttle. The Uprev throttle maps makes the car more responsive in low gears, but does NOT actually give any more throttle opening.

As usual I have a comment contrary to general opinion, which is that the throttle isn't limited in any gear. Uprev logs show that you get wide open throttle in all gears, well actually I can only speak for my car, but theres nothing special about mine - its a prefacelift DE. The difference in the low gears is that as standard the acelerator pedal movement is not linear with throttle opening, in first you can press the accelerator 3/4 way and only get slight throttle, making the car feel very lazy. But if you put your foot right to the floor you DO get full throttle. The Uprev throttle maps makes the car more responsive in low gears, but does NOT actually give any more throttle opening.

is that not something different u'r talkign aoub ttheere? to help gettign a smoother ride at low gears?

:snack:

What ROM was that on? Was that before UpRev was applied? AFAIK, UpRev by default (ie their default maps) removes the throttle restriction. Abbey or RSTuning will be able to confirm what really goes on, or even UpRev themselves, as they are on the forum, but not often.

Dont know how to read the logs properly, but to me it doesnt look like a 1:1 mapping. Never does a 5 on the accelerator position ever give a 5 on the throttle position. To me that means you arent getting 100% WOT ;)

Logging on my OBD on the 350z, I only ever managed to get 80% opening.

• 3 weeks later...