Tyre width

ben p

What width of tyre will fit on a 18" ray's alloy on the rear of an 06 coupe? the only reason I ask is i've found some 255's cheaper then 245's. And would It be beneficial or detrimental to put wider tyres on??

Thanks guys.

If the profile of the 255 is 40 the rolling radius will be the same.

No it won't, it'll be 2.4% smaller. Profile is a percentage of the width, don't forget.

what if you made both tyres 2.4% smaller front and back, would that mean the there would be no tcs issue?

No it won't, it'll be 2.4% smaller. Profile is a percentage of the width, don't forget.

what if you made both tyres 2.4% smaller front and back, would that mean the there would be no tcs issue?

i would say that is a logical assumption, i will report back after wales :thumbs:

i would say that is a logical assumption, i will report back after wales :thumbs:

or I'll report back that Husky has parked in a ditch :lol: