Seat Belt Query...

bosh87

My brother has a UK zed and his seat belts have clips/loops that come out over your shoulder so the seat belt is easily accessible, But my JDM doesnt have these and I have to reach back to grab mine and the passenger one rattles about all the time which can be slightly annoying.

Would anyone be able to tell me if I can get them for a JDM? and where from? and how they fix in?

This isnt a massive issue, but just wondered if it was possible.

2007-Nissan-350Z-Interior-1024x768.jpg

:thumbs:

Yeh mine has the slot clips, but everytime after ive had a passenger in the car, I have to reach over move their seat forward grab the seat belt and pop it back into the clip as they dont go back into the clips unless you physicaly put them back into the slots. Can I buy them from anywhere?

These dont come on the JDMs but you should have clips that hold the seatbelt down and stop it rattling.

I beg to differ

DSC00309.jpg

Dont look like the UK OEM ones, maybe they were an option?

Also someone needs their handbrake adjusting ;)

I haven't got them either. I didn't realise there was anything there to hold them back either - my passenger one is clunking about - how can i have missed that in 3 years of ownership! :lol: Mind you i don't sit at that side of the car so.............. when you turn my car off you get a sharp click from my seat belts - dunno what that's all about!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a Jap import with the plastic clip to stop the passenger seat belt rattling, trouble is the passenger never remembers to put it in the clip. So i have some later type belts with the extension arm ready to fit, the top screw mounting behind the seat has a device for restricting how much the arm moves up and down. This is controlled by a washer with a stop at the back, the washer has a small tab on it which would have to locate in the plastic trim which doesn't look right for a 350Z. Can anyone tell me if the seat belt extension arm has a limited amount of up and down movement and how this is controlled on a Z, a photo would be great.

Cheers