Anyone off to Lemans this year ??

hey,

Im taking my Z to lemans this year :p , got a roadtrip from Denmark planned! (over 2000 miles :scare: ) Im a total newbie :blush: and havent met another Z owner yet!! Think i may be the only owner in denmark!! Would like to meet up with anyone going to this years event (with their Z or not)

:wave:

I'll be driving down there. So far it looks like I'll be going in a mini convey of my zed, a Porsche 914 and a Mk1 MR2.

Last year was the first time I'd been and we managed to fit 5 largish guys in a merc 190e, which was quite cosy! A word of advice is to not speed whilst in France as over Le Mans weekend the Gendarmerie are out in force and they ignore all the speeding French drivers and just pull over any car with a foreign plate. We got caught quite near Calais, paid a 90 euro on the spot fine then stuck to the limits after that and passed lots and lots more speed traps.

I'll be driving down there. So far it looks like I'll be going in a mini convey of my zed, a Porsche 914 and a Mk1 MR2.quote]

Hey ASH, thats great!!, got a mini convoy of our own, all uk cars and blokes, my Zed, a subaru impreza and a Lancia Integrale evo 2 :teeth: will enjoy the autobahn leg of the trip!! got the Zed upto 130mph on my trip out here last month!! untill my arse started to tweek!! :scare:

Thanks for the warning on speeding in france!! What is it wiv the french??? We will be arriving from a different route to most uk travellers, so we might miss the Gendarmerie, if they are targeting the uk drivers!! Going to be having a night in Amsterdam on the way down (and back up :thumbs: ) so dont really want any unwanted attention for the police. nudge nudge ;) ;)

We are meeting up with a large crowd (20 odd)of regular Lemans go-ers (petrol heads), think we are booked into "camping blue north" site! apparently they take plasma screen ( 4footy ), disco ball, trampoline, fridge, six foot catapult. :wacko: .. so probably hard to miss us!!got speedthrills tickets also! Want to get there for mad friday!

Would you like to meet for a beer or 3 at some point and talk Z @*!#?? As i said .. bit of a noob, so think it might be me picking your brains.. not the other way round!!

:wave:

I'll be driving down there. So far it looks like I'll be going in a mini convey of my zed, a Porsche 914 and a Mk1 MR2.

Last year was the first time I'd been and we managed to fit 5 largish guys in a merc 190e, which was quite cosy! A word of advice is to not speed whilst in France as over Le Mans weekend the Gendarmerie are out in force and they ignore all the speeding French drivers and just pull over any car with a foreign plate. We got caught quite near Calais, paid a 90 euro on the spot fine then stuck to the limits after that and passed lots and lots more speed traps.

You might have to get me involved in this next year Ash. Wouldn't mind a trip down there and its not far for us to start the convoy!! :lol:

I'll be going as well, 3rd year on the trot now.

As for the Gendarmes ignoring the French drivers, they don't. They'll get anyone regardless of plate, it just seems like they get the French less because they're not stupid enough to speed during LM week. I got done for 750EU + instant driving ban for being an idiot on Mad Friday last year, despite knowing better and not speeding at all any other time.

I'll be getting there on Wednesday as I want to see free practice as well as qualifying, and the pit walk is a must do too. I'm just hoping for slightly better weather than last year, it was horrendous on the way there and back!

Im contemplating a last minute trip down there this year. Went in 07 and 08, but missed last year becasue of work. Thougth I was gunna miss this year too, but managed to wangle work off at the last minute.

Bonus of working for a ferry company - free crossings!!

Im down this year with 35 (count em) others. Probs not going to take the Z33, opting for a campervan instead, but if you see a massive beer mountain on Karting Nord with a load of 200SX's, a Monaro, NSX, some wide Mercs and a few M3's come and say hello :D