Road tax conundrum.

ToffeeZ

I need to tax my car. The problem is that i have just changed the Reg number on the car and my insurance certificate has the old car reg on. I notified my insurance company today of the change so I will have to wait for the new insurance Cert to arrive . I'm off to Billing at the weekend so how the Hell can i get my car taxed before Friday?

Yep as said, apply online and even if it doesn't get here on time its fine. See below

I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPor ... QUESTION_9

Online ;)

They check you have insurance automatically.

Tax come in the post really quickly.

Also you're fine to drive without it until it arrives :thumbs:

I thought you needed the tax reminder to tax a car on line. I have only got the tax reminder with the Old reg on.

Yep as said, apply online and even if it doesn't get here on time its fine. See below

I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPor ... QUESTION_9

Only 5 days after the tax disc has expired, Which would if been the 5th of May? :shrug:

mm and they'll send you a disc with the wrong reg on.............i'm not sure now! Normally when you do a number plate transfer you send your tax disc in with it and they send you a new one but you're caught up in the middle........... :wacko: I think you might have to ring your insurance to rush you a cover note through and then go to the Post office with it.

mm and they'll send you a disc with the wrong reg on.............i'm not sure now! Normally when you do a number plate transfer you send your tax disc in with it and they send you a new one but you're caught up in the middle........... :wacko: I think you might have to ring your insurance to rush you a cover note through and then go to the Post office with it.

Ive rang Directline and told them . They said they will send my Docs out today but it can take upto 7 days to arrive :shrug:

IMO you'll be fine with no tax once i got pulled by the police for no seat belt and he found i had no tax his words were "o thats the dvla s problem they might fine you for this" it was 10 days over i had completely forgot. I then sorted the tax out and never had a fine :thumbs: . As you have a genuine reason ring the dvla ask them to put it on file and im sure you'll be ok to drive.