Cookbots Vortech S/C Build

Cookbot

Well as every one else is doing it, I thought I'd jump on the band wagon. The first part to fit was the oil cooler and that's now done although it proved to be more awkward than I expected it to be. Then I realised the company I got the oil cooler from had just sent me a sandwich plate and not a thermostat one, so guess what I'll be doing next weekend! :dry:

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never got any pics after, although I'll be fitting a radiator next so will get some then. Did have to drain the oil, which is a bummer as I will have to drain it again to fit the thermostat one. Why would I need to remove it for the SC? All that goes down there is the intercooler and that should fit if my measurements are good.

what I mean is the following;

on the top and bottom of the oilcooler there are 2 holes per mounting, you need to provide support between these holes, we use a pipe that fit between the holes (top and bottom) and use a piece of 6mm studding to go through both top/bottom mounting holes and bolted tight this is to stop the care being twisted or vibrated.

I will take a picture next week if I find time.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Managed to get around to changing that sandwich plate and fitted some threaded rod. Is this what you meant by supporting it?

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

Got 3 weeks of work now so need to get around to ordering the bulk of the stuff now. Got the spark plugs and a catch can on the way already.

• 4 months later...