Black or satin silver burger badges

ToffeeZ

I have tried a couple of traders on here (Chilly red and the Zstore) for a pair Black or satin silver burger badges, but both have said they are out of stock. My car will be coming out of the body shop tommorow and I was hoping to get them fitted before Z010. Would anyone know who else i might try.

I have a pair of burger badges for sale and can get my bodyshop paint it gloss or satin black tomoro for Monday or Tueday delivery ;)

PM me or look at my sale thread for pics of what i have done with my z badge as example.

Hi, I'm in the process of making a carbon fibre burger zed badge, should have some samples complete this weekend and will post pics up, if you're interested watch this space!

I would be interested..Thanks :thumbs:

Sound :thumbs: I'll stick a post up when they're done and I'll drop you a PM with a link, I'm case you're busy and miss the post :shrug::)

Hi, I'm in the process of making a carbon fibre burger zed badge, should have some samples complete this weekend and will post pics up, if you're interested watch this space!

I would be interested..Thanks :thumbs:

Sound :thumbs: I'll stick a post up when they're done and I'll drop you a PM with a link, I'm case you're busy and miss the post :shrug::)

Cheers.... :thumbs:

Bit of an update, no good news so far I'm afraid, bit of a bitch to make and some of the epoxy didn't set well, but perseverance I feel will pay off eventually!

Here's images of first attempt, albeit not trimmed to a quality finish since it didn't set well, but just am idea of it...

d5312693.jpg

30593c37.jpg

44658c3d.jpg

Thanks, yeah the general shape is there, I think I need to adjust my epoxy / hardner mix a bit. I've made a mould of the Z badge and i'm laminating the carbon fibre into that, 3 layers. It just happened to slot right over the old nissan badge (which could be a bonus actually, saves removing the badge if you don't want to!)

I've also had problems with mould release, despite using a PVA release agent, keeps breaking it... costing me some money to develop, hopefully will get there soon!

are putting down resin first then letting it almost dry before adding carbon or just laying the carbon straight on to fresh resin ? looks like there might be some bubbles in your mix too.

good to see this forum has many talented and experimental members .

Yeah I don't think I left it long enough before adding the first layer in, I did a small square piece last night to test my technique, left it two hours to cure before the first layer and used a heat gun to get rid of the air bubbles - worked a treat!

Still had mould release problems, but I'm thinking about a wax as well as the PVA release agent (I'm guessing the PVA solution would work as a barrier between the wax and the resin?)

I figure you just gotta give things a shot, might suprise yourself! And it'd be nice to then be able to produce some for some fellow happy zed owners! :)

• 3 months later...
i have changed all of the badges on the car to the pearl black ones. i have a sunset and it looks sweet!

Chilli red and ebay sorted me out!

CF ones would look awesome!!

Hi, Have you got piccies of all the badges on the car?

Thanks - Simon.