Rear Badges

Glennc91

Alright guys,

Does anyone know if there are holes behind the rear badges?! i need to take mine off again, due to the idiots at the painters putting the Z on upside down. if there's no holes behind there, il have them heated off and sorted asap, if there is, then it might get a bit more complicated :wacko:

Ok so it turns out, half of the Z had been snapped off by some hoodlums outside the missus house over the weekend. what the little buggers are achieving by taking my Z is anybodies guess, but it just means i have been pushed into removing the badges.

However, upon taking off the '350Z' it reveals that the people who did the body and paintwork have stuck the badge back on with superglue. yes that's right, actual superglue. so i now have 350Z written on the back of the motor with superglue.

does anyone know how to separate superglue from paintwork??

i would upload a picture, but since upgrading to windows 7 i have no re-size tool for my photos

Ok so it turns out, half of the Z had been snapped off by some hoodlums outside the missus house over the weekend. what the little buggers are achieving by taking my Z is anybodies guess, but it just means i have been pushed into removing the badges.

However, upon taking off the '350Z' it reveals that the people who did the body and paintwork have stuck the badge back on with superglue. yes that's right, actual superglue. so i now have 350Z written on the back of the motor with superglue.

i would upload a picture, but since upgrading to windows 7 i have no re-size tool for my photos

Maybe try claying it?.... Have a look on Detailing World forums :thumbs:

short answer is to take it back to the paintshop and ask them how THEY will take that off... :bang:

well the bodywork was done by a place in swansea, and unsurprisingly they aren't in business anymore.

its going to leave a hell of a mess on the back there.

you have to see it to believe it, i'm determined to put a picture up at some point this afternoon

I don't know as I don't have Windows 7, but you have yourself a resizing tool if you have MS Paint (Start -> Accessories since Windows 3.11 methinks ;) There is a Image -> Stretch/Skew function. Bob's your uncle.

post-5436-135011878378_thumb.png

sasha, worked like a charm thanks very much.

heres the damage, and yes i do beleive it will all need repainting, which could be alot of work due to the nismo spoiler with carbon fibre wing... its all going to have to come off :rant: