REV PROB?

showtime1

BEEN OUT TODAY FOR A BLAST NOTICED THAT WHEN IM IN A GEAR HIT THE THROTTLE QUITE HARD THE REVS JUMP UP REALLY FAST AND THEN DROP IS THIS NORMAL FIRST MANUAL IVE HAD FOR 4 YRS COULD IT BE THE CLUTCH IVE TRIED TO DO A RESET BUT I CANT GET IT TO WORK CANT GET THE CEL LIGHT FLASHING INFACT DONT KNOW WHAT THE CEL LIGHT IS IVE NOT GOT ONE ON MINE

i'm confused, is the CEL light flashing, or are you trying to make it flash?

if it is flashing, don't drive it the engine is proper bolloxed,

if your referring to the Traction control and stability control and you want to make the lights flash, turn off traction control.

to be honest when pulling away, you shouldnt have any flashy lights apart from the TCS and ESP if you have to much power and your spinning the wheels.

when you stab the throttle hard, are you keeping your foot on it or is it just a jab, if the revs are dropping it might be because you've taken your foot off the pedal.

also remember the car throttle is drive by wire so no throttle cable, the car will self adjust to what it needs etc.

but admitedly what you've written makes no sense what so ever.

after some reading you seem to havea problem with the pedals timing resulting in the engine light not starting to flash after 12 seconds? (the easy method)

It does sound like you got a slipping clutch. Can you try and put the car into a higher type gear and go uphill somewhere and see if the car starts slipping on the clutch? Search for 'easy ecu reset' and you'll find following that will be 100% better and easier then the normal one.!

after some reading you seem to havea problem with the pedals timing resulting in the engine light not starting to flash after 12 seconds? (the easy method)

It does sound like you got a slipping clutch. Can you try and put the car into a higher type gear and go uphill somewhere and see if the car starts slipping on the clutch? Search for 'easy ecu reset' and you'll find following that will be 100% better and easier then the normal one.!

cheers mate ive done it, it was ticking over at 900rpm after i cleaned the tb, but ive reset everything and its tickover is 600 all sweet. it might be the clutch slipping a tad, seems better now though are clutches expensive? thx for the help

Certainly sounds like your clutch is slipping by the description that you have given.

I have OEM Exedy Clutch Kits in stock at only £260.00 and good to go same/next day.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27436

Drop me a pm if I can help you further. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Alex.

cheers i will how much to get fitted

Around £200.00 depending on your location. :)