Iphone, finally something good use for the Iphone.

andlid

i saw this and just had to ask, why?

if you think about it, the iPhone's hardware is trash compared to other phones about today - slow processor, low screen resolution and 2/3.2 mp camera. the main thing it's got going for it is the operating system...

i guess as a techincal exercise it's quite interesting, but beyond that, maybe i'm missing something :bangin:

i saw this and just had to ask, why?

if you think about it, the iPhone's hardware is trash compared to other phones about today - slow processor, low screen resolution and 2/3.2 mp camera. the main thing it's got going for it is the operating system...

i guess as a techincal exercise it's quite interesting, but beyond that, maybe i'm missing something :bangin:

eh yeah your missing the point that apple dont want you to do this :p The later Iphones have pretty good CPU's 600Mhz or somewhere around there, yes not as good as the 1Ghz ones out there but with Android it will work REAL well with 600 that would be the same as the HERO phone and the LEGEND phone and they are flying! Yes cannot compare it to the NEXUS one or other 1Ghz phones... but its not really the point, I'd love to have an Iphone with Android running on it just because :p

Must just be me then! I had an original iphone which i loved, a 3G which i hated, and now having had an HTC HD2 for 6 months, I refuse to buy another iPhone. The leaked one looks interesting, but I'm probably going to wait for Windows Phone 7 to come out then decide between that and android :thumbs:

Then you need to see this ;) This would have been my prefered route to monitor everything if i went FI(sc) It keeps things tidy and way cool than multiple guages sprouting from evreywhere :surrender: Also its a scan tool, datalogger plus much more. Just download the free Revlite app(one of 4 or so webapp that support PLX kiwi) and see the amazing functionality you can get with this :surrender:

FI guys check out their main website for other cool stuff and solutions:

http://www.plxdevices.com/

or their UK/europe site for quicker purchase:

http://www.plxdevices.co.uk/product/dis ... 200OBD.php

http://www.plxdevices.de/product/eco/kiwiwifi.php

the iphone can also be used as a door stop :lol:

Must just be me then! I had an original iphone which i loved, a 3G which i hated, and now having had an HTC HD2 for 6 months, I refuse to buy another iPhone. The leaked one looks interesting, but I'm probably going to wait for Windows Phone 7 to come out then decide between that and android :thumbs:

I've got an HTC HD2 as well and it's great, except when i tried to demo it to keith and there was no signal art the pub :lol:

isn't android just a copy of the apple system,

the reason apple was so good was that it had an opperating system that just worked.

i always found windows based items full of glitches. the iphone has just been excellent. it might not be the fastest. but it just does it.

hmm that stuff loooks coooool!

HD2 is good specs but wrong OS on it... they are getting that ported to Android and I'd stick that on ASAP if I had a HD2! :D

sense ui makes all the windows nastyness go away, but as soon as someone at xda-developers gets windows phone 7 on it, i'll be installing that!

:bang: if you like freedom of choice go htc android if you dont go iphone... simple, whoever compared it to cheap tv's in tesco's are dreaming... other way around mate, then again if you dont want to fiddle around or have freedom of choice... go apple... I'm thinking that Apple is the new (old) Windows Microsoft sheit :teeth: