trolley jack or axle stands

showtime1

do you not need a trolley jack to get the axle stands under?

if you use the one with the car you have to use the jack point for the jack and the stand, so it aint never going to happen.

if you use a troley jack you can lift it from the centre of each axle (from in ians picture) then pop the axle stands under the jacking points.

i would probably do it with just the trolley jack, but i've always been brought up to do a job properly and you shouldn't trust your life on a trolley jack and should axle stand it at the same time.

its not fun having 1645 kgs of car falling on you

I think the load on you would be 55% of the total kerb weight .... or thereabouts ..... so a lot less than what he said ... you would still be a bit sore though if the trolley jack failed !!!

I think the load on you would be 55% of the total kerb weight .... or thereabouts ..... so a lot less than what he said ... you would still be a bit sore though if the trolley jack failed !!!

attak your so anally retentive, without plucking hairs on this one, you still have a full weight car falling on you, but admittedly some of that would be taken up on the suspension.

the car sits very low and there is a lot of travel in the suspension when you jack it up. i wouldn't want to be under there id it failed.

i just think of pretty women and use my man jack to hold it up means i have 2 hands free to do the oil change ;)

proper hard i am

have to be cos if i get fat girl thoughts slip in to my head, i get squashed by the car :scare:

i just think of big gay bears and use my man jack to hold it up means i have 2 hands free to do the oil change ;)

proper hard i am

have to be cos if i get fat ugly men thoughts slip in to my head, i get squashed by the car :scare:

:surrender: