Censorship

Baptist

As Ive said Liam, if you think there is a better way of dealing with issues, or you think mods let things get out of hand, why not make a suggestion on how this could be improved?

I dont know - we let things get out of hand one day, and then another when we put an end to threads being derailed we are being accused of censorship. :lol:

Its a tightrope I tell thee! :lol:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Ive said Liam, if you think there is a better way of dealing with issues, or you think mods let things get out of hand, why not make a suggestion on how this could be improved?

I dont know - we let things get out of hand one day, and then another when we put an end to threads being derailed we are being accused of censorship. :lol:

That's why we pay you so much money :lol:

No seriously Chris, I don't know what work goes on behind closed doors yet I do know some mods are more visible than others!!! Like I say Jacko takes abuse from me, tho I hope he know's I'm only kiddin... My way of saying I appreciate your efforts I suppose :)

That's why we pay you so much money :lol:

No seriously Chris, I don't know what work goes on behind closed doors yet I do know some mods are more visible than others!!! Like I say Jacko takes abuse from me, tho I hope he know's I'm only kiddin... My way of saying I appreciate your efforts I suppose :)

But cunningly disguised in Liam speak.

When I was at school if 2 people were bickering like Liam and Mark it usually meant they fancied each other....... :snog:

first you say:

Also, mods editing posts after they have locked it, doesnt really give a fair picture to other users reading the locked thread.

then you say

Im not saying you deleted anything, censorship takes more than one form, as you have demonstrated.

it'd be helpful if your ideas were a bit clearer.

I never said anything about you deleting my comments, I mentioned you changing your posts to change how the thread reads, once locked. Hence the comment about it not showing that mods have changed their posts to suit.

Clear enough ?

The reason you got my back up is nothing to do with you calling me a dick, or whatever, Im big enough and man enough to take that on the chin, and as it goes, I did throw the first punch on the insults, I accept that. ;)

The thing that winds me up, is how you lash out just because I said that painted plastic wasnt my bag. The way you reacted is typical to how you react to anyone that doesnt agree with you, you just lash out. In this case you criticised my car, which had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I didn't see it like that, but I'm happy to concede him "victory" in any way he likes. I know he likes to have the last word on the internet.

Pulling the 'Im a victim card' just wont wash Val, you are always prepared to keep on tit for tat, until your imagination runs out of steam, at that point you lock the thread, and pull out the forum rule book. Your quite happy to argue with people when it suits you.

"moderator of highly active forum required, no perks available, no money paid, long hours required"

Ok then, i'll do it.....................

:scare::teeth:

I never said anything about you deleting my comments, I mentioned you changing your posts to change how the thread reads, once locked. Hence the comment about it not showing that mods have changed their posts to suit.

Clear enough ?

not really, since I haven't modified anything apart from the comment on the last post about you going back to work, once I read you were already at home. So don't twist the truth.

The reason you got my back up is nothing to do with you calling me a dick, or whatever, Im big enough and man enough to take that on the chin, and as it goes, I did throw the first punch on the insults, I accept that. ;)

The thing that winds me up, is how you lash out just because I said that painted plastic wasnt my bag. The way you reacted is typical to how you react to anyone that doesnt agree with you, you just lash out. In this case you criticised my car, which had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

well to be honest saying that your engine bay looked "pain" @ JAE has a lot to do with you criticising what i have done to mine. Lash out? :lol: re-read the comments, more ****-taking, but lash out??? :lol:

Pulling the 'Im a victim card' just wont wash Val, you are always prepared to keep on tit for tat, until your imagination runs out of steam, at that point you lock the thread, and pull out the forum rule book. Your quite happy to argue with people when it suits you.

:lol: that basically answers itself.

I apologised, you don't like it

I gave you the last word, you have to keep on going.

When are you going to learn to behave in a civil manner on a forum Bap?

I understand you have a lot of time on your hands when you are off work mate but frankly, isn't there anywhere else you'd love to go and disrupt?

Of course you posting the above on PM to myself only would have been too respectuful towards everyone else on here who can't be arsed reading your issues with me.

From now on I won't reply to whatever "vitriol" you might post, if you have any issue with me PM me, but I'm confident you won't since you wouldn't have an audience to be at the centre of attention of...

• 3 weeks later...

Im adding to this post as it seems that another post has been edited post the fact. Is there not a function on the Forum software that allows a user to see that a post has been edited? I know that someone should be allowed to edit their comments but it alters the conversation when points that were made earlier are now deleted.

Very frustrating. Especially after days of discussion.

:angry:

Guest prescience

The 'edited when' feature was I believe removed since it appeared for users but not for Mods/Admins and the solution was to remove for both. Much better would have been to have extended it to cover Mods/Admins changes too - though that may not have been easily achievable, I don't know.

That is not correct, all edits are noted.

Say person A makes a post, and person B replies - if person A then edits their original post, the edit will be logged - the log of this edit appears under the users signature.

If person A edits their post BEFORE any replies are made to it, then the edit is not tracked.

This goes for all users, including admins/mods. For example, as soon as a reply is posted after this post of mine - I will edit this post. You will then see that the edit is logged (under my signature pic).

This is the edit I made after the replies... Note the "edited 1 time in total under my pic"..

That is not correct, all edits are noted.

Say person A makes a post, and person B replies - if person A then edits their original post, the edit will be logged - the log of this edit appears under the users signature.

If person A edits their post BEFORE any replies are made to it, then the edit is not tracked.

This goes for all users, including admins/mods. For example, as soon as a reply is posted after this post of mine - I will edit this post. You will then see that the edit is logged (under my signature pic).

Reply for testing purposes

Guest prescience

In that case I retract my remark but won't change it because I believed it when I wrote it ;)

This text placed here by "chesterfield" to see if it tracks a users post being changed by mod/admin....

Second bit of text placed here by chesterfield to see if it tracks a users post being changed by mod/admin....

edit made - and it is logged under the signature pic.

There is no way this can be removed for anyone, without serious editing of the forum software. I am looking at changing this so it tracks more items, as Im not certain if it tracks changes to other peoples posts by mods/admins...

Ill edit one above and see.

Guest prescience

Hold your horses there - the edit shown as by me was in fact done by me, I corrected a spelling mistake. Please repeat your experiment becuase it may be that your edit did not show at all

true it doesn't show.

Although these guys seem to be annoyed because I might have edited some of my own posts???

as shown the forum track edits made to our own posts, and my edits made in the bridgestone thread were all made within a few minutes from posting, as normal. nothing was edited days later. On the evening we discussed with dash, only thing I did was delete some banter posts IIRC, and not even by them, or myself for that reason.

what is it that you think was edited anyway?

PS funny how the effort is now to try and shift the attention from the fact that someone with a better knowledge of them about something, has demonstrated that they are wrong, and they still don't admit it ;)