Censorship

Baptist

PS funny how the effort is now to try and shift the attention from the fact that someone with a better knowledge of them about something, has demonstrated that they are wrong, and they still don't admit it ;)

Who demonstrated I was wrong?

I have not changed my stance.

I have no need to change my stance.

I have experience knowledge of using a tyre in the wet, and the laws of physics on my side.

I have no need to detract from the conversation. (and I have asked a further question of your friend in that thread)

I asked was the posts in the "fishtailing" thread edited.

Why have some of the earlier post been edited? This is evident in the responses I have given no longer relate to the opinions expressed by memebers of the conversation, is this to reflect an altered opinon having saught advice?

And by that I meant that when re-reading the posts it appeared that the thread was not in its original form.

And they were.

You admitted this yourself

Your answer was

don't know what you 2 are on about, re. editing.

I might have deleted some offtopic banter the other night when we were discussing Dash, but that's it.

Therefore the flow of the conversation had been edited.

If I wished to avert the conversation I would not reply.

I am a big boy now and can admit If I am wrong (unfortunately in this case I happen to have text based evidence to support my opinons by a wholey independant site, and not a member of the public whom has never personally posted on the forum or published his opinions.

Let me make this clear. I am here as a member of 350Z UK.

I am here independantly (and have stated this also)

I know none of you in person.

I take you as you present yourselves on this board.

Val, in our discussions you appear to take offense to the slightest remark I make, reading into things that slimply arent there.

I mean you no offense. In my posts I am merely posting an opinon not an attack. (please stop thinking Im out to discredit you Im not.)

Whether you believe it (or me for that matter) is a completely different story.

I have no further comment to make about this discussion, believe what you like

I have never doubted anything you have said or questioned your integrity.

So please do not begin to question mine.

:surrender::)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it was you digging this thread back crying "censorship" when none happened if not a little tidy-up that had even been anoounced on the thread just before it happened on the day. I have nothing to prove, you believe your websites, I believe my friend race engineer who I've met personally and have a lot of time for. especially technical issues.

wrt to the thread itself, we'll agree to disagree, I have no problem with that.

As for your question, unfortunately my friend is very busy with his new baby (a real one) and already spent too much time as he states reading through 9 pages of "nonsense". I agree with what he says 100% and leave you to your opinion.

But to accuse me to have edited mine or your posts for whatever "scheming" you might or might not have thought was going on is just not acceptable and yes I take it as an offence.

Im adding to this post as it seems that another post has been edited post the fact. Is there not a function on the Forum software that allows a user to see that a post has been edited? I know that someone should be allowed to edit their comments but it alters the conversation when points that were made earlier are now deleted.

Very frustrating. Especially after days of discussion.

:angry:

this is what you wrote today, with even an angry smilie!

no editing took place so stop crying wolf.

I do acknowledge your above post though, so no grudge from my part.

Hang on! Not fair! Where have I said anyone was "scheming" I have not accused you of anything. I said a thread had been edited?

Had it not?

I placed it here as I merely thought this was a suitable thread as it mentioned the editing of posts did it not?

But to accuse me to have edited mine or your posts for whatever "scheming" you might or might not have thought was going on is just not acceptable and yes I take it as an offence.

I have NEVER accused you of changing ANY posts (Can another moderator please step in and verify this please? )

I aksed the question on the other thread and you answered it. I accepted your answer and said that due to the changes you made it looked different. I was supported by someone else. (something I have no control over)

As to Scheming how can you possibly draw such an assumption when you dont know me?

To be honest Val it doesnt matter mate, it was only a discussion.

Im sorry you have taken offense but what exactly have you taken offense over? I made no accusation?

I didnt feel I was crying wolf as you youself admitted the thread had changed?

As for my angry smiley I apologise (you see I am capable of admitting an error, jsut like any other person) I shall make my choices more wisely in future.

I just dont understand how you contradict yourself?

no editing took place so stop crying wolf

But in the post in question you said

I might have deleted some offtopic banter the other night when we were discussing Dash, but that's it.

Does this not justify my question on this thread? Is the thread not changed by that?

If I placed my post regarding editing in the wrong thread (i.e. you feel it shouldnt be in this "censership" thread please let me know and I shall learn from my error and post it in the correct thread in future. I afterall am new to this forum and to be honest am really surprised how I am being treated.

I made a point, you responded and then proceed to say I didnt believe you, said I was "crying wolf" make assumptions that I am accusing you of scheming (im not I merely noticed the thread had changed) and asked if it had.

Dont take offense, )lifes too short) it was merely an honest question.

the fact that you can't understand the difference between editing and deleting and just keep going on and on about something that by your own admission was only a discussion is beyond me.

I even posted announcing thread CLEANING

PS will tidy up the thread to make it a bit more clutter free :)

the honest answer? no, no EDITING took place

yes, THREAD CLEANSING took place.

can you understand the difference or do you want to go on forever now trying to shift the balance from EDITING to CHANGING and so on and on and on until someone somehow tells you, yes you are correct, or something similar?

here's what you posted on the original thread if you don't remember: please please please stop trying to play with words...

Why have some of the earlier post been edited? This is evident in the responses I have given no longer relate to the opinions expressed by memebers of the conversation, is this to reflect an altered opinon having saught advice?

I thought it was only me going mad and thinking posts had changed

1- you asked WHY and not just merely if that had happened

2- you are wrong. NO earlier posts HAD BEEN EDITED

3- assume "scheming" when asking if an opinion was aletered having sought advice?

Dash, please stop trying to play with words. It's crystal clear what you tried to say, and no it wasn't just asking a question.

And to answer directly to Dorian, NO, POSTS HAVE NOT CHANGED. So yeah you must be going mad. ;)

guys, I'm sorry you feel so upset by the fact that I was right just on the back of a "gut feeling" and you 2 spending 3 pages discussing physics the wrong way round, possibly due to no fault of your own since you didn't know everything involved into what you were discussing.

Feel free to believe carbible or whatever else you read on the internet, I know who I believe and where proper knowledge resides.

I have already said I will not post any more on the tyre thread since the discussion is imo well and truly closed, and I will be repeating myself here.

No need for any further imput from myself.

Guest prescience

Cool.

I believe carbible and you believe your Engineer mate - end of :)

Edited to add 'Engineer' because it more accurately reflects the position

perhaps you are right

At least off topic banter is light hearted and shows we are all humans and have a sense of humour. 6 pages of arguing is not promoting a positive image of the site. Some people love the banter (Lomoto + Liam's Z) and some people hate it (Mudhut!). No body likes to listen to grown men tit-for-tatting. Just agree to disagree.

the fact that you can't understand the difference between editing and deleting and just keep going on and on about something that by your own admission was only a discussion is beyond me.

Sorry Val words fail you again. There is no difference between the words "delete" and "Edit"

I think you will find in the text below that the English Dictionarys description of the word Edit covers off the deleting of something by the use of the word "modifying"

Likewise the description of Delete also covers off "editing" (Its a funny language this English isnt it?)

delete

verb

the offending paragraph was deleted remove, cut out, take out, edit out, expunge, excise, eradicate, cancel; cross out, strike out, blue-pencil, ink out, scratch out, obliterate, white out; rub out, erase, efface, wipe out, blot out; Printing dele. antonym add.

edit |?edit| verb ( edited , editing ) [ trans. ] (often be edited) prepare (written material) for publication by correcting, condensing, or otherwise modifying it

I even posted announcing thread CLEANING
PS will tidy up the thread to make it a bit more clutter free :)

Admitedly you did on that night too I remember, although in the plain light of day I had forgotten.

You reminded me of this by telling me earlier on that "you deleted some off topic banter" I accept this despite my pedantic response which was indicating you had contradicted yourself by saying you hadn't and then you had

the honest answer? no, no EDITING took place

yes, THREAD CLEANSING took place.

can you understand the difference or do you want to go on forever now trying to shift the balance from EDITING to CHANGING and so on and on and on until someone somehow tells you, yes you are correct, or something similar?

here's what you posted on the original thread if you don't remember: please please please stop trying to play with words...

I thought it was only me going mad and thinking posts had changed

1- you asked WHY and not just merely if that had happened

I asked why (that you are correct) someone had edited the posts. Indeed according to the description layed out below and your own words "deleting" , you have edited the posts!

2- you are wrong. NO earlier posts HAD BEEN EDITED

Well Ive answered this above

3- assume "scheming" when asking if an opinion was aletered having sought advice?

You really ahould learn to take people at a more open and honest value then you wouldnt need to make such assumptions

Dash, please stop trying to play with words. It's crystal clear what you tried to say, and no it wasn't just asking a question.
This is purely supposition on your part. If it wasnt asking a question why place a question mark after it? I dont make veiled statements.

And to answer directly to Dorian, NO, POSTS HAVE NOT CHANGED. So yeah you must be going mad. ;)

guys, I'm sorry you feel so upset by the fact that I was right just on the back of a "gut feeling"

Val no harm done mate, it hasnt upset me in the slightest (more supposition) what has however is that you feel you have to read into it so much and find things that were never said.

and you 2 spending 3 pages discussing physics the wrong way round, possibly due to no fault of your own since you didn't know everything involved into what you were discussing.

I think I made it very clear all along in the discussion the set parameters I was speaking about- i.e. WET conditions. It just took you several pages to acknowledge it! But no harm done.

Feel free to believe carbible or whatever else you read on the internet,

Cheers your graciousness knows no bounds (now that was SARCASM! :lol:

I know who I believe and where proper knowledge resides.

Someone nonone here can vouch for or has any referencable published work (Now that was SUPPOSITION :lol:

perhaps you are right

At least off topic banter is light hearted and shows we are all humans and have a sense of humour. 6 pages of arguing is not promoting a positive image of the site. Some people love the banter (Lomoto + Liam's Z) and some people hate it (Mudhut!). No body likes to listen to grown men tit-for-tatting. Just agree to disagree.

Sarnie I can only apologise for this and I agree (and in this case im one of the culprits :( )

I for one definitely think it is not a positive attitude to the site but I felt I had to defend myself to the accusations made about things I clearly didnt say. If I have upset you in anyway please forgive me it was not my intention. I just couldnt understand (as a new attendee myself) where some of the posts had gone.

An honest question.

Apologies again.

perhaps you are right

Sarnie I can only apologise for this and I agree (and in this case im one of the culprits :( )

I for one definitely think it is not a positive attitude to the site but I felt I had to defend myself to the accusations made about things I clearly didnt say. If I have upset you in anyway please forgive me it was not my intention. I just couldnt understand (as a new attendee myself) where some of the posts had gone.

An honest question.

Apologies again.

Trust me mate, nothing on a forum could upset me ;)

I don't even know what the source of the arguement was and can't be arsed to trail through 6 pages to find out. My point was that it was obviously getting either party nowhere. The fact that Val is a mod prompted me to state my opinion that the thread was not a good advert for the site.

I'm now being vilified as the person responsible for every single off topic post on the site just for expressing an opinion on this thread :scare:

Time to bring this one to a close I think.

However may I just clear something up.

With regard to the "last edited by" thing....

This has NEVER been "fixed". Anyone editing their own post after replies have been made, will always have the "last edited by" tag appended under their signature/pic.

This is a standard feature of the forum, cannot be turned off/on without serious changes to the software on the server, and as the only person who makes these changes, I can assure you none have been made to change the way this works.

Anyone editing their own posts since this forum went live will have had the "last edited" attached.

There is however an issue whereby if an admin/mod changes another users post, it does not show up that the post was edited.

In my opinion this needs fixing. Depending on how much code needs changin/adding to make this possible, it may be easier tohave a policy whereby admins/mods changing anyone elses posts other than their own, should leave a little note in smaller text to advise if the post has been changed, and why.

i.e. (edited by chesterfield to remove unnecessary swear filter work arounds)

Or something along those lines.

This then brings us on to another matter, the "tidying" of threads.

On various occasions, people have had threads taken way off topic, sometimes resulting in people having to start their entire thread again, just because people keep posting off topic comments one after the other.

There is nothing wrong with freindly banter, but it seems that once this "banter" gets going, everyone involved wants to have the last word, resulting in page after page of absolute drivel sometimes.

We have had complaints that people find the forum "messy", and when matters are taken to try and keep things a little more tidy, we get cries of "censorship".

All the mods on the site give their time freely, and we ask for nothing at all in return - many of us have never run a forum before, and I for one can say its harder work than I thought it would be.

All I would ask is that anyone who takes issue with the way things are run, rather than just moaning or complaining about it, offer us some help on how things could be improved - offer us some help on solutions to the problems.

We are trying to do whats best for all the members, but it would appear that the statement "you can't please all the people all the time" never seemed more appropriate.

We (mods) do talk amongst ourselves to try and work out how to resolve issues, and it would appear that sometimes we make the wrong choices.

If anyone else fancies giving up endless hours of their time freely, just to have it thrown back in your face when you try and make things better and make mistakes - just let us know, you are welcome to join us :thumbs::dry: