Censorship

Baptist

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the annoying part is that you go back days later and re-edit your posts to change the look of the discussion on the thread. That was my original gripe on this thread, nice to see Im not alone.

well waste 5 minutes and check them then.... anyone (may i stress ANYONE) who edits their own posts after someone else has posted, will show their post as edited, with the "last edited on ... " info.

so no, I didn't edit anything, days later as you say

and that's why Chris has changed that. Nice to see you don't read your own threads properly then ;)

recapping: the only thing that at the moment doesn't seem to work is if a mod/admin edits someone else's post and that edit doesn't show, yet. Chris will fix that surely.

Which version have I not read properly??? until Chris sorted that today, its been going on for a while.

Hence why this post started.

Now who's not reading things properly. LOL

TODAY?????

that shows how often you visit this place.... :lol:

That is not correct, all edits are noted.

Say person A makes a post, and person B replies - if person A then edits their original post, the edit will be logged - the log of this edit appears under the users signature.

If person A edits their post BEFORE any replies are made to it, then the edit is not tracked.

This goes for all users, including admins/mods. For example, as soon as a reply is posted after this post of mine - I will edit this post. You will then see that the edit is logged (under my signature pic).

This is the edit I made after the replies... Note the "edited 1 time in total under my pic"..

Chris who else asked about this, been trying to look for that thread, was it Liam's Z?

you fixed it ages ago, Baptist only noticed it today! :lol:

Haha, here you go satellite, I'll give you a hand.....

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im adding to this post as it seems that another post has been edited post the fact. Is there not a function on the Forum software that allows a user to see that a post has been edited? I know that someone should be allowed to edit their comments but it alters the conversation when points that were made earlier are now deleted.

Very frustrating. Especially after days of discussion.

Haha, here you go satellite, I'll give you a hand.....

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im adding to this post as it seems that another post has been edited post the fact. Is there not a function on the Forum software that allows a user to see that a post has been edited? I know that someone should be allowed to edit their comments but it alters the conversation when points that were made earlier are now deleted.

Very frustrating. Especially after days of discussion.

ok you can't read then..

let's try bigger fonts...

THIS WAS FIXED ON 25TH AUGUST. ANYONE, BE IT MODS, ADMINS OR USERS WHO EDIT THEIR OWN POSTS AFTER SOMEONE ELSE HAS REPLIED ON THE THREAD WILL SEE A "LAST EDITED BY........ ON........" LINE APPEAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST.

and again since you didnt seem to grasp it before: the only thing that needs fixing now is if a Mod or Admin edits SOMEONE ELSE'S posts. At the moment this doesn't show, but will surely be fixed by our superefficient Chesterfield.

Thinking of locking this tbh.... sounds like a broken record :yawn:

don't read it then ;) Also, when the Admin/mod team is asked something, we like to give an answer, even to people who can't/won't read :)

I HAVE TO BOODY READ IT TO GET IT OFF MY LIST OF NEW THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::rant::rant::rant:

no you don't

leave it till last then mark as read :rolleyes:

newbies for you ;)

mind you with boody reading, I'm not too sure if that'd work :lol: