Air Con?

RichIX

Hi Guys,

My Z's Air Con is really rubbish at the moment do you have any recommendations on where to get it done at? Im in Leeds... (wishful thinking of a hot sunny summer!)

Also, my CD player (standard OEM one that came with the car) seems to skip (Alot!) when the car is cold? is this normal? when the car is warm the cd's play fine....

Thanks for your Help! :thumbs:

For the CD player, if you are within the 3 year warranty period Nissan will replace this for free. Mine got replaced this way. After 3 years, despite it being reasonable for you to expect a CD player to last longer without failure, you'd be lucky to get Nissan dealers to cover this I reckon!

I can't comment on having the Z re-gassed but I have had my last one done 3 times at different places. It is pretty straight forward and had no issues with any of them. It appears to be something that can be done by anyone with a modicum of techincal knowledge so no need to pay top dollar IMO....

Re the CD skipping... This happened alot with my 6CD Changer in my other car as well. I guessed it was down to condensation on the CD's as it warmed up or something. I would get different results if I brought a CD from the house or used one that had been in the car all night. Maybe it is different for Z's if there is a fix as mentioned though...

HTH a little.

Thanks for all the replies guys, your stars..

The car is still under warranty for another year I think so I might get it sorted via them, bit annoying that a 2 year old Z has this problem, yet like you guys say after its warmed up no problem at all with the CDs (it is the 6 CD Changing unit I have)... I have taken the CD's out on a morning and there is no condensation or "misting" on them so was a bit miffed...

Might as well get it re-gassed at the stealers whilst its there as long as its not more than £50..

:thumbs:

Hi Guys,

My Z's Air Con is really rubbish at the moment do you have any recommendations on where to get it done at? Im in Leeds... (wishful thinking of a hot sunny summer!)

Also, my CD player (standard OEM one that came with the car) seems to skip (Alot!) when the car is cold? is this normal? when the car is warm the cd's play fine....

Thanks for your Help! :thumbs:

Hi,

I'm just down the road in Sunny Cas.

Had my old 200SX re-gassed by a local firm some time back.

Don't remember the name of the lads company, but He's call Adam Tel:- 07973 665249. from Kippax. Top job, knew his stuff when he did it. :thumbs:

Hi mate, as Dblock mentioned the only reason you should need it regassing is if theres a leak. We have the machine at work..You just plug the macine pipes to the feron tubes on the car, put in the weight of gas and leave it to it. Yours might not have the full gas amount in from factory...

I would try using it a little more, or compare it to another 350z if you know anyone...The air con system is pressure sealed so it should really be coolio. :teeth:

Alex

For my head unit then initially just took note of the serial number or something, ordered a replacement (refurbished probably) and swapped them over a few weeks later - I was never without sounds!

(Take a good luck at your Rays alloys before you go in, any signs of bubbling etc., and have them replaced with refurbished ones too while you are at it. Another common problem to look over under warranty, they took snaps and got Nissan UK to authorise the work, also took a few weeks to sort out but no problem.)