Alloy Gator Rim Protector - fitted & *now tested*

rtbiscuit

Just invested in a set of these Rich after kerbing my newly refurb'd Nismos last night :blush::surrender:

Stable door - horse ???? ;)

:lol: Only getting them to cover up the kerbage and prevent further damage..... I knew I'd kerb them soon or later but this is a new record for me.... :blush:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very smart Rich. Get the close ups on here so I can se how much they stick out. I might be getting my CC out yet again.

i'll see what i can do, might have to wait a bit. cars in the garage now. and got lots of work on at the moment with marking.

well today i tested my rim protectors; not deliberately i hasten to add but by accident; i was forced into a curb by 4x4 who thought his side of the road included mine as well :dry:

the damage is considerable and the curbing goes nearly half way round, but surprisingly I'm not bothered. the rim protectors have done their job. they took a beating. but i shall use the stanley blade technique at thje weekend to restore them to new.

any way here are the pics

P1010285.jpg

P1010286.jpg

P1010287.jpg

as you can see if they weren't fitted the damage on black rims would have been hugely visible. and i would be going mental. but i must admit the whole experience was very stress free.

here are some pics for those that wanted to see how much they stick out.

P1010288.jpg

P1010289.jpg

Rich, might just be me but the wheel looks buckled at 10oclock, even the tyre seems slightly squared :surrender:

Hope its just the photos mate :)

it was like that when i bought the car, its a slight buckle right on the edge of the lip. its never leaked, and runs fine.

when i had them refurbished they did try to straighten it but they couldnt get it completely back to round.

not actually noticeable normally but the close up pic makes it more evident :blush:

looks like it could've been a lot worse! so can you just take a knife to the ripped up bits to make it as good as new or do you have to but another rim protector?

You get a blade to soften out the burrs. Kinda like shaving it to reveal a new surface.

Rich, might just be me but the wheel looks buckled at 10oclock, even the tyre seems slightly squared :surrender:

Hope its just the photos mate :)

it was like that when i bought the car, its a slight buckle right on the edge of the lip. its never leaked, and runs fine.

when i had them refurbished they did try to straighten it but they couldnt get it completely back to round.

not actually noticeable normally but the close up pic makes it more evident :blush:

:thumbs:

looks like it could've been a lot worse! so can you just take a knife to the ripped up bits to make it as good as new or do you have to but another rim protector?

you just trim the burr off

a replacement is only a tenner if its desperately required. cheaper than a refurb.

my set just payed for themselves. if i hadn;t fitted them i would now be forkin out £40 to fix the damage

:scare:

I'll be fitting mine over the weekend if i get chance........ i'm a total DIY noob so fingers crossed nothing goes wrong... :wacko:

fitting the first one is the hardest, once you get the knack of it all the others are easy

:yahoo: Saved Wheels!!

Think you should look into some, Harman... after the last meet. :lol:

I actually emailed the company about different colours and they want a minimum order of 50 sets :O

So they proposed a bulk order of any standard colours so a GB may be on the cards. :thumbs:

:yahoo: Saved Wheels!!

Think you should look into some, Harman... after the last meet. :lol:

I actually emailed the company about different colours and they want a minimum order of 50 sets :O

So they proposed a bulk order of any standard colours so a GB may be on the cards. :thumbs:

Start that thread up, then, Lukey boy! :thumbs:

I'll go for the more subtle black, I think, would go better for once I get round to powdercoating my wheels.