How much for a front windscreen?

alessandro

The cost to the insurers might be £1500. I've seen a few posts on here in the past about windscreens having to be ordered and having huge lead times. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was £1500!

The cost to the insurers might be £1500. I've seen a few posts on here in the past about windscreens having to be ordered and having huge lead times. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was £1500!

this is probably what he meant, anyway, I sent him this way so he should pop up soon

My windscreen replacement excess has just been increased from £60.00 to £75.00, and I'm going to need it cos mine has cracked whilst I've been on holiday. On the actual cost though, I think it's in the region of £700.00 if you're not insured. Plus Vat of course

Had mine done 3 weeks ago by autoglass the screen is £1050 then labour on top new seal glue etc... think the final bill was close to £1500 cost £50 excess. Its worth while to check that everyone has the cover as i know people try to save a bit of money off their insurance. There was quite a wait as well approx 4 weeks for autoglass to source the Glass.

Mine's now booked to be done by Autoglass on Sunday next ........ anything I should know about this company ? do they do a good job ? anyone had problems ?

via insurance or paying direct?

Autoglass are mega expensive normally.

It's via Privilege .......... came back from Oz yesterday to find a 6" crack in the glass over the tax disc area ........ I'm sure it wasn't there when I left the car, but there was no problem when I claimed for it so hey ho ........... :shrug:

Mine's now booked to be done by Autoglass on Sunday next ........ anything I should know about this company ? do they do a good job ? anyone had problems ?

via insurance or paying direct?

Autoglass are mega expensive normally.

It's via Privilege .......... came back from Oz yesterday to find a 6" crack in the glass over the tax disc area ........ I'm sure it wasn't there when I left the car, but there was no problem when I claimed for it so hey ho ........... :shrug:

I see. Autoglass is really only for claiming through your insurance as you can get it done from an independent for less than £300 normally :)