DI-NOC Carbon Slam Panel

rtbiscuit

This is a kind of follow on thread ages ago i posted a pic of my slam panel i got second hand, i had cleaned it up and fitted it.

but to be honest i haven't been to happy with it, it still looks really knackered and just wasn't doing the engine bay any favours.

as you can see in the picture below

P1010223.jpg

so i decided to spruce it up abit. i had some spare DI-NOC carbon fibre vinyl laying around so i thought i'd skin it

P1010224.jpg

P1010225.jpg

P1010226.jpg

P1010227.jpg

in total took me and a sharp knife about 30 minutes to do, and must admit it was the easiest job i've done in a long time.

i thought i'd post this now, but there is more to come, might get pics up tonight if i finish it, but i'm off to the pub in a bit so will have to wait till later :ninja:

Looks very tidy bud. :thumbs:

I've still not seen any of this in the flesh. I prefer the wet look carbon so will be interested to see if this stuff looks good.

must admit i was unsure of it before getting some but i really like it,

in some ways i actually prefer the dry carbon look

Looks good!

Has anyone tried this on the bumper beneath the grill? Is it hard-wearing enough?

no ones tried it that i know of, but it is very thick vinyl and if after 18 months its looking tired, peel it off and re apply a new bit.

that area there should be fairly easy to fit

Looks good!

Has anyone tried this on the bumper beneath the grill? Is it hard-wearing enough?

no ones tried it that i know of, but it is very thick vinyl and if after 18 months its looking tired, peel it off and re apply a new bit.

that area there should be fairly easy to fit

I might give it a try then. Is it possible to get hold of smaller bits or do I have to buy a massive sheet?

That looks really good ... Definately a money saver on the real thing :)

must admit wasn't planning on a CF slam panel got this one cheap, but it was looking so bad it needed something, and i knew if i sprayed it that it would chip so easily.

I think scott is making something like this out of Genuine CF for a fairly good price...so could be worth having a scout around the memeber traders section for that.

I must admit I do like the look of carbon vinyl but you really cant beat the real thing!

I think scott is making something like this out of Genuine CF for a fairly good price...so could be worth having a scout around the memeber traders section for that.

I must admit I do like the look of carbon vinyl but you really cant beat the real thing!

fully agree i like the real stuff, but i got the slam panel for £15 thought most of the marks would polish out, they didn't i covered it. bobs your uncle. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...