Short Ram Intake - Fujita or Takeda

evest

Hi,

Does anybody out there have any experience of either the Fujita or Takeda Short Ram Intakes systems (for a 2003 Coupe)?

I like the look of both, and have read good reports on the sounds. I just wondered if anybody has a comparative opinion on the performance of them, or which they would favour and why?

Cheers :thumbs:

Steve

Thanks for the input guys! :dry::lol:

I guess nobody has either - well anyway, decision made: the Takeda is INBOUND! (apparently Fujita are not doing so well these days) I'll post up pics and clips in due course...

Now you tell me!

Why is that, and is it a significant loss in comparison to other systems?

:drunk::dance::shrug:

Heat soaking for power loss part... also heard that longer pipe gives more torq... suggesting that shorter one gives you less... :scare: Been thinking lots of getting rid of my org box and pipe in favour of something similar but if the only gain is sound I see no reason in doing so... anyway soon enough I wont have any need for a intake system there :snack: You'll be happy with the intake sound I'd say and wont mind the power loss... I wouldn't even hear the intake sound anymore in favour of the exhaust note! B)

I appreciate the info mate, cheers! :thumbs:

I'll see how I get on; to be honest I was looking for a pleasing sound and a bit of dress up for the engine bay. Which probably makes me a tart! :lol:

I had thought about the heat soak and sadly the Takeda doesn't come with a heat shield or box. That said, my intention is to look into adapting an existing model to fit, or fabricating something myself.

Although I suppose that would make it simply a posh airbox... :blush:

I appreciate the info mate, cheers! :thumbs:

I'll see how I get on; to be honest I was looking for a pleasing sound and a bit of dress up for the engine bay. Which probably makes me a tart! :lol:

I had thought about the heat soak and sadly the Takeda doesn't come with a heat shield or box. That said, my intention is to look into adapting an existing model to fit, or fabricating something myself.

Although I suppose that would make it simply a posh airbox... :blush:

posh air box it maybe buts where the power is at , seesm ot be that a duct to an 06+ (rev up ) air box wiht a panal filter gives best gains or a totally as in air tight enclosed cone but there arent any of these on the market , that i know of any hows.

tbh though you probably wont notice any loss much apart from alittle boggin when you sit in traffic for a while once your on the move air flow should be OK .

plenty of people just the run op chargers wiht out issues.

if your running short ram i'd look at getting a nostril for the bumper to let more air into intake. this should mean you'll only get heat soak at low speeds and traffic, but once on the move all should be good and you should see better benefits.

never come across either of the filter systems. but look forward to seeing the new setup.

as for power loss with all things NA gains and losses are always fairly small to be honest i doubt the butt dyno would notice.

Thanks guys, :)

Might look into the nostril for direct cold air, although would you end up getting a fair bit of crap distributed into the engine bay? Do they include a gauze/mesh inner to filter out all the flies/leaves etc...?

I have been looking at cooling panels - are these things effective or more of a dress-up item? That said, I very drawn to the new forum slam panels!

never thouht about fitting a gauze to the nostril, nothing to say you can't,

if you go to halfrauds and look in the body shop section, they have an aluminium gauze used for repairing across wide areas and would do the job, just shape it over the rear and bond in place, then fir it to the bumper.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys, :)

Might look into the nostril for direct cold air, although would you end up getting a fair bit of crap distributed into the engine bay? Do they include a gauze/mesh inner to filter out all the flies/leaves etc...?

I have been looking at cooling panels - are these things effective or more of a dress-up item? That said, I very drawn to the new forum slam panels!

No you won't get a load of crap in the engine bay :)