Transferring Vehicle Ownership

narcotix

Alright guys,

I've been searching on the Internet but couldn't find a definitive answer ..

Since buying the Zed, it's been registered to my dad on the V5 as it was considerably cheaper to ben insured as a named driver ..

It's come to renewal time again while searching for a new policy I've found there isn't much difference to have it insured with me as the Policy holder ...

So my question is this: Is there any way to transfer the ownership of the car, without adding an extra owner on the V5?

Thanks! :thumbs:

There's no way of avoiding an extra owner/keeper going onto the V5, but since it will show up with the former keeper as having the same name as you, any future buyer should appreciate the situation once explained.

+1

As said when selling just tell them the truth.

Could you ring the DVLA and say that you have noticed a mistake on the V5, ie. John Doe should be Steve Doe? (assuming the address etc is the same?)

Pretty sure there was a mistake on one of mine and they amended it FOC and sent it back.

Since buying the Zed, it's been registered to my dad on the V5 as it was considerably cheaper to ben insured as a named driver ..

Fronting :thumbdown:

I know it's not right to insure in this way .. but I was struggling with the insurance costs last year as I'd just purchased the Zed and spent a little more than I wanted ...

I'm definitely sorting it out properly this year though ...

;)

I've been trying all the different combinations to try and get the quote down ...

I've found that adding my older brother and his missus as named drivers brings it down the most ..

I'll try ringing the DVLA regarding the transfer tomorrow, before I send off the V5 ...