IT website help

Husky

Hey guys looking for a bit of website/IT know how here :)

My parents have built themselves a really nice holiday let and are looking to have a website to advertise/run it. What we need to know is what this would involve? i guess we need a web address and some way of hosting the site via a server but this is all guess work. Any insights or help would be appreciated; Costs, where to go for it etc.

Cheers :)

If they have a website already and they don't expect huge amounts of traffic then you could get a way with a domain pointed at a pc at home running the website, as long as you have a decent internet connection upload speed. I often run stuff of my own pc, actually i have a dedicated pc in the garage on 24/7 - i used to run my own business from it, but now i just host stuff if and when i sell cars etc. (PS anyone want to buy a very fast mr2 turbo on low miles and big boost?). Just a way of reducing costs if traffic is expected to be low, if not then bandwidth is an issue and they would need to pay for hosted :).

i thought about that and realised that they would have to have some minor miracle occur to get anywhere near the top 5 pages of google really. If they cant get high in the search list then i would say they are better off putting a link to their website in other places. i'll give it a go though thanks :thumbs: