Possible custom box- UPDATE 21/04

Shaun1982

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to leave it sealed ikarus, the max kicker say on their site is 2.0 cubic feet,my dad split it down on paper with the measurements weve got and got it to 2.0,but were not sure if thats right as we dont know a thing about calculating volume lol

Heres a childs attempt at showing the sizes :#1:

subboxwithmeasurements.jpg

If you work out the volume in cm then just divide by 1000 will give you litres.......

Lenght X Width X Depth in centimetres divided by 1000

so........if you had a Container measuring 8cm X 8cm X 6cm = 384 cm3 which is .384Litres

Split your box in to separate containers work out the volume of each and add together... simples :thumbs:

Thanks matey, do you know what downsides there will be on having a bigger box than needed?

Sorry chap, can't help you there..... I know a bit about mathematics and bugger all about sub's and boxes :lol:

Looks good though, will be keeping an eye out on your progress :thumbs:

At a rough calculation I reckon that about 80-85 litres... ish

Good rough calc fella, i just modelled this in cad, works out at 78.07 ltr.

If you want a volume of 24.9 ltr, with that profile you would only need a width of approx 17cm. For a sealed box think way smaller - or more subs.

What sub are you going to use, with that volume i'd go ported not sealed and tune the box lower (actually i did) - you will get lower bass from a larger box if it's tubed right. I run an 82 litre twin ported box in the rear hatch and it tunes to 24.08 Hz. Way lower than you will get out of a sealed box. Depends what you want from it really?

Hope this helped

Hi Ikarus, i knew youd be good for this B)

Right im using a 12'' square Kicker L7, that box was built that shape purely as i thought it needed a lot of space,like i say i was running it in a box the same size as a double 12 box in the fto.

If it helps i listen to all sorts really but 90% of the time its probably hip hop & r&b,ive also only ever had sealed boxes so i wouldnt know what they sound like running the same type of music.

I suppose there would be no harm in making the box narrower as itl be hidden by a fascia anyway,unless it would be easier,and viable to lose the extra space off the back instead?

Hi Ikarus, i knew youd be good for this B)

Right im using a 12'' square Kicker L7, that box was built that shape purely as i thought it needed a lot of space,like i say i was running it in a box the same size as a double 12 box in the fto.

If it helps i listen to all sorts really but 90% of the time its probably hip hop & r&b,ive also only ever had sealed boxes so i wouldnt know what they sound like running the same type of music.

I suppose there would be no harm in making the box narrower as itl be hidden by a fascia anyway,unless it would be easier,and viable to lose the extra space off the back instead?

90% of the time its probably hip hop & r&b

^ good man.

One question, what do want from it, pop or rumble (or a best fit compromise)?

Hip hop & r&b go both ways (if you know what i mean).

Kinda a mix i guess dude, things like Elavator by Flo Rida have big drops where as things like B.O.B by Outkast beats shorter & harder so yeah all round for me if poss please :lol:

^ yeah that's the tricky bit :lol:

In terms of hardware, are you looking to use what you have or put some new kit in? You seem ready to lose the spare wheel which is the fisrt step to super low bass.. :D

Ive not got that much left anymore :lol: ive got my Alpine D310rb to go back in,the kicker l7 & an Audiobahn a2200hct to power that.Ill have to buy some new comps & a little amp to power them.

With the box template as it is it leaves me enough room to get the amp(26''x12'') infront of the box on its own little floor in the spare wheel recess with a false floor above that