Possible custom box- UPDATE 21/04

Shaun1982

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dude,hopefully i might get some more done today :thumbs:

Awsome progress Shaun. Can wait to see what it all comes together like.

I forgot to say - not sure if you were planning too, but don't use any fibrefill in the enclosure - your design showed much better results without any.

Where are you putting the amp etc? Also, what's up the front?

Cheers my man :teeth: havent got anymore done today though :thumbdown: which annoys me.

Im not using anythin in the box luckily :lol: I worked out the Audiobahn beasty will go on a falsh floor ill be makin infront of the sub enclosure.Due to the spare wheel thread thingy il build it at that height,need to get a couple of computer fans seeing as the amp will have another floor above it.Unless of course you think itl be ok in the recess without?

At the minute ive got nothing upfront or an amp for them yet as i sold my little 4 channel i had,but saying that my mates got a couple of sets of comps,a Rockford Fosgate & an Alpine amp i can check out.

Head unit wise ill have to put my Alpine D310rb back in even though it annoys me covering up the standard screen :bangin:

Cheers my man :teeth: havent got anymore done today though :thumbdown: which annoys me.

Im not using anythin in the box luckily :lol: I worked out the Audiobahn beasty will go on a falsh floor ill be makin infront of the sub enclosure.Due to the spare wheel thread thingy il build it at that height,need to get a couple of computer fans seeing as the amp will have another floor above it.Unless of course you think itl be ok in the recess without?

At the minute ive got nothing upfront or an amp for them yet as i sold my little 4 channel i had,but saying that my mates got a couple of sets of comps,a Rockford Fosgate & an Alpine amp i can check out.

Head unit wise ill have to put my Alpine D310rb back in even though it annoys me covering up the standard screen :bangin:

I would definately suggest some air flow around the amp if it's going to be restricted with a false floor. Not actually done that though - but i would probably go with large, low speed fans so they are quiet, not sure how many you would need though. Also, that's a lot of bass without an amped front end, i would definately be looking to change the comps and amp them - makes the world of difference :). Stock speakers are really poor :thumbdown:

Don't bother with the rears though, i spent over a ton on a pair of coaxials for the rear and when i tuned the system it sounded better without them. A similar setup in my mr2 sounded better with rearfill, just depends on the car and the setup. I really only wanted to run the cables once so decided on adding them in the early stages - live and learn.

id go with fully amped comps up from if your using the amp i think your using (some huuge audiobahn jobby).

fans id go one in one out at the ends of the amp so the air is forced along the length , you might even get away under volting them depending on how it goes.

should be a nice and Loud install , infact id be interested seeing just how loud as i recon the shap/size of the Z might make it a good car good ICE car but ive never seen it really used as one.

Eh up guys. Got nothing done tonight really lol. Not sure if the amp will actually fit where I intended,we'll see tomorrow though as ill be back on it after tea I think.

I don't think ill run the sub until I've got the fronts sorted too.I'm hoping it will be fairly loud,it had my roof and spoiler flapping away on my fto, lol

Eh up guys. Got nothing done tonight really lol. Not sure if the amp will actually fit where I intended,we'll see tomorrow though as ill be back on it after tea I think.

I don't think ill run the sub until I've got the fronts sorted too.I'm hoping it will be fairly loud,it had my roof and spoiler flapping away on my fto, lol

Should be both loud and clean. Even more so with the front sorted, good decision :thumbs:

:teeth: Not much done again today,got the sub cut out done & it fits very snug,infact i struggled to get it back out :lol: also checked if the 'amp rack' did actually go in the boot & it does :clap: just want to try the amp in there with the sub in its box to see the clearence.

Dont think anymore will happen tonight as footballs on so theres no chance of a hand :bangin:

My dad would just use the freeview in the tv instead then.lol.Id have to break the tv's in the house :lol: still dont think hed help anymore.Waiting on my mate whos got a couple of amps & comps to get back to me with exactly what they are but hes not exactly the reliable type :dry: your lucky if you can ever get a reply from him :bang:

id look up some installs on the net but vascially just give them 12v , dpending on on whats already being run off your HU amp signal you MAY be able to run them directly off that sice its meant for power anntena's or mostly likly youl have to hook up a realy and power them seperatly like an amp.

any small wire will do as they only draw a couple of watt .

Yeah my mate said positive to the remote & ground the earth.How do you get one to give cold air but have the other push out any warm air?is it as simple as turnin the fan over

urm, yep i think so. From my previous pc builds there will be an arrow on the casing of the fan showing the direction of airflow. When you bolt them in just make sure one is pointing in and the other out :)

Cool beans :) Ill try find somewhere a little less obvious to mount them i think,saying that theres not a massive amount of space left in the front half of the boot,im keepin the standard black stuff in the boot so basically ive got half a wheel recess :headhurt:

Ok another update for you.completey built now so its a case of get some carpet,trim everything,run the cables down the car.hopefully ill have some DLS comps off my mate along with a little Alpine amp to power them,so that lot will want fitting not to mention refitting the head unit AGAIN.

Oh infact this is probably a useless question as i dont know what model the comps are but has anyone got any in their zed?or know if they will go in?

So,heres what i suppose is the interesting part for you peeps,picture time :teeth:

IMG00077-20100410-1128.jpg

IMG00078-20100410-1227.jpg

IMG00080-20100410-1300.jpg

IMG00079-20100410-1259.jpg

this is what you see looking backwards7

IMG00081-20100410-1519.jpg

IMG00082-20100410-1519.jpg

Looking very nice, will come alive with the trim done. PS as long as your comps are 6.5's they should fit ok, although i did some fibregalss work on mine so not sure about the stock tweeter location.

Good work Shaun :thumbs:

fastest build i've seen.

Thanks Ikarus, think its been about 10 hours up to now. That will double no doubt by the time ive done the stuff i mentioned up there :headhurt:

Ive got a feeling that the comps wont fit if i like them,read on a thread that many foul the window or wont let the cover back on.Im sure they will need some kind of spacer made up.Really not looking forward to the cable routing into the dors :dry:

re spacer to fit them theres a list on my350z#s audio forum wiht quite a few speakers and how big a spacer is needed , good work so far . now for the hard bits as you said gettin the doors wired up and the all important trimmings that make a great look or somthing rushed so lets hope it continues witht he quality . :thumbs: